• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

If your happy with your system.....Leave a post

tyeeslayer

Super Member
I have been rearranging, redoing, revamping, and generally messing around with changing things around. But NOW I am happy with the sound I have. This is a breakthrough. Okay this is not to say I still won't try a few things. Just done with needing to buy anything. Have you attained your system nirvana? If so tell us about it.
For me this what has done it. (Main listening/home theater room)
THIS IS FOR 2CH LISTENING
Yamaha CD player
Harmon Kardon hk725 preamp
Carver m500 amp
These feed a set of Cornwalls that have been recapped w/ soniccaps
Then that signal is also fed into
a Samson crossover set for Mono sub mode that is amplified by
A Yamaha P2050 Professional amp in mono that goes to
2X JBL 2241h 18 inch low frequency speakers
THEN FOR MOVIES I ADD INTO THE MIX
A Yamaha DSP 200 Digital Field Sound Processor
This feeds a Phillips PA1200B Poweramp to power a set of
Kenwood KL777 speakers for front surround
A Boston Acoustics center channel speaker
A set of Acoustic Research bookshelf for rear
All hooked up with Monster wires and IC's
If you made it through all this you can post yours too.
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm happy with My Mancave and My Bedroom Systems.
My main Livingroom system still need some Tweeking.
$$$...Ya Know.
 
I've really been enjoying my system lately. It's funny; I didn't know I put something together that sounded this good. I have admit I'm a little surprised each time I play it lately.
 
I've been very happy with my main system, and have not been wanting to upgrade a thing in quite a while :)
 
Yes, I'm spending a lot of time listening to tunes and simply enjoying it all. My main system is pretty well-balanced and offers (to me) rewarding, involving sound. The only things I've been switching are cartridges/styli, and more rarely, turntables.

Sometimes I'm amazed to have this level of sound quality in my own living room. So I'm feeling very grateful, which is appropriate for this week.:music:
 
Took forever to find a TT and speakers I was happy with. Receivers on the other hand I change like my socks. Just picked up a Sansui 5050 I'm listening to now to maybe replace the 220T....that's only been here for two weeks. Different stuff seems to sound "better" all the time.
 
I've really been enjoying my system lately. It's funny; I didn't know I put something together that sounded this good. I have admit I'm a little surprised each time I play it lately.

+1. My sentiments as well. Everytime I hit the play button I am always amazed at just how good it sounds.
 
The proof that I'm happy and satisfied with my system is that it's been fairly stable since before I discovered this place.
 
I am super happy with my main system of SET amps and 76 preamp (which makes all amps sound great). But I still experiment with other amps...just because I can...:-)
 
I'm very happy. And I will be...until I decide I'm not. :D
Actually, that's not even totally true, since I did just order some new ClearDay Audio speaker cables. I've been using the single version in my living room system and I'm going to try the Shotgun.

Seriously, though, my listening room sounds great no matter what combo of stuff I use, which is great, and I've finally decided (again, for now) to go with a SS setup in the living room and be happy with it.
 
Which one?!
Bedroom: close.
Music Room: Not so much. Too much unrestored vintage.
Living Room: Work in progress.
 
I'm so happy with the current set-up that I have not changed anything major in over a year. But am I done with my system? Not even close....
 
Back
Top Bottom