• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

If your happy with your system.....Leave a post

Would I LIKE a Mac 2KW system ? You bet yer Sweet Heinie I would ! But am I pretty happy w/my Yammy RX-V1 system, w/4 WSC-1As? Yep. Just wish I had one of them Wooden Empire TTs, & I'd never change...
 
I'm not just happy, I'm thrilled.

Ditto... I'm still blown away by it every time I turn it on and listen ("Gaucho" is playing at the moment). Plus, I've recently been messing around with soundproofing and have been diagnosing the room's trouble-spots and applying help where needed, and it's kicked things up another notch entirely. That clarity I could never quite-find is now here in spades. The bass is tighter and more-accurate (faster). I'm definitely much-more-involved in the music now. I find myself following bass lines or concentrating on a particular instrument buried in the mix. I've upped the enjoyment-factor in a big, big way. That's what hi-fi's all about.

"If you're happy with your system, clap your hands..."
 
I'm gooood. (See Signature)

One of these days, I'll get to hear some E90's...

But until then... :sigh:

Nah, I can't say that... I love my W90's... But a pair of E90's would surely fill any void I have in terms of modern music. I haven't heard from a single person who didn't love the big E** models. A pair of those alongside the W90's would be able to cover anything, I would think, and do it well.
 
Last edited:
Some

I've sorted through a lot of "good" vintage gear over the last few years.
Things that have floated to the top of the "happy with" pile.
At least some of these made it to a sort of premanent location in the "family" areas.

Dahlquist DQ-10s, DQ-20s, DQM-9C, DQM-7.
Advent Heritage.
ADS L710.

Marantz 2275, 4270, 2385, 500, 2110.
Pioneer SX-5580
Philipps 572

Pioneer DV-9

Denon DCD-620, DCD-2560
Marantz CD-63SE

SAE 1800 (for the "problem" rooms)

Technics SL-1300, SL-1350, SL-1400
Pioneer PL-560

Pioneer SX-34B.
Ampex tube rig.
Curtis Mathes EL-84 tube rig.
Sears Silvertone EL-84 tube rig.

I have a LOT of other "not going anywhere" gear but I am still working on finding the "sweet spot" for those.

Pioneer SX-1080, SPEC 1, SPEC 2, TX-9500 (and EQ, reverb and expander for looks. I have an RT-707 too but its been stored a long time)
Crown DC-150, DC-300.
Sansui Eight
Fisher 550T
Pioneer SX-6000, SX-1500TD, QX-8000, SX-949
Marantz Model 22, 4415, 3250B, 170DC.
Kenwood KR-7070
Akai AA-1135
Hitachi FT-340, HA-330
Sherwood S-7910

Infinity Monitor Jr.
Speakerlab 3, DAS-4
Pioneer CS-901
OLA
ADS L810

AND, some things I'm still judging and working on.
I have high hopes for a Pioneer SX-9000 that is nearing ready.
Just picked up a Marantz 3300 to match the 500 and replace the Philips 572s place.

Some things I keep thinking about selling, I rotate them back in to play and they end up staying. SO, I guess they are keepers.

I guess, since I made this list, I should make a list of all the other things around here and offer them up to new homes.

:D
 
I'm not just happy, I'm thrilled.

WoW!!! That's cool!!! :yes:

I'm really very extremely happy with my system too.

It's great when you not looking for any gear anymore! As in...Done. Finished.

The only thing I would ever consider changing someday, maybe, would be maybe my speakers, but I still would keep the speakers I have now also. I'd like to get a perfect pair of JBLs. But I'm 'happy now' with my present speakers. But a great pair of JBLs would certainly be 'thrilling'. Maybe someday. Just haven't found them at the Goodwill yet! LOL. :D

Yes!!, I'm really 'happy' with my complete Sansui stereo system! Took me 5 years, and 6 countries, to find all the componets. Done. Perfect. Sounds excellent. It's exactly what I wanted and it's exactly what I have. :)

Now I'm just searching out a few Delta Blues used LPs. Man, those can get expensive. Other than 7 to 10 Delta Blues LPs, I have all the music I desire too.

Yeah: "happy happy happy" here!! Totally content too.
 
Last edited:
I like mine right now as well, but i would like some better/cleaner highs.

but over all, im happy.
 
I'm happy. The amount of money to do better is more than I'm willing to spend right now.

PS Thanks to all of you who can keep things in perspective and even enjoy a little light hearted humor. There are those among us who take things way too seriously and can't stand even gentle humor about the sillier aspects of the hobby.
 
I love our main system: Vortexbox Appliance/Wyred4Sound Sonos Connect/TacT RCS 2.0S room correction system/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB/Channel Islands D200 amps/Newform Research R645v3 speakers/Audio Concepts Force subwoofer
 
I like my current set ups right now...

Family Room- Yamaha CR1000, Nakamichi OMS-1A,Kyocera PL-601,JVC Disc Changer, and two really nice JVC Cassette decks, ADS L-810's.

I won't bore you with details of the rest of the systems, but it is some good stuff.
 
WoW!!! That's cool!!! :yes:

I'm really very extremely happy with my system too.

It's great when you not looking for any gear anymore! As in...Done. Finished.

The only thing I would ever consider changing someday, maybe, would be maybe my speakers, but I still would keep the speakers I have now also. I'd like to get a perfect pair of JBLs. But I'm 'happy now' with my present speakers. But a great pair of JBLs would certainly be 'thrilling'. Maybe someday. Just haven't found them at the Goodwill yet! LOL. :D

Yes!!, I'm really 'happy' with my complete Sansui stereo system! Took me 5 years, and 6 countries, to find all the componets. Done. Perfect. Sounds excellent. It's exactly what I wanted and it's exactly what I have. :)

Now I'm just searching out a few Delta Blues used LPs. Man, those can get expensive. Other than 7 to 10 Delta Blues LPs, I have all the music I desire too.

Yeah: "happy happy happy" here!! Totally content too.

It's hard to describe the sound of early solid-state Sansui gear. They have a tube-like sound, but at the same time they have a tight-enough bottom-end to really-do justice to modern music (Perfect for the low-to-moderate crankers... Loud-freaks can buy a G-series). And they have a rich, fleshed-out sound... Alive... They manage to straddle the line between tube and solid-state (and without a hybrid circuit). I dig the bass-response. Fat without sounding unnatural. There are lots of reasons. The 2000x took me farther than I ever had expected (On Stevie Wonder's "Superstition", I can clearly-hear all the overdubbed clavinet parts now :D There's no bass guitar on that song BTW... It's Stevie playing the bass part on a synthesizer... Oh wait, you would probably know that already... Pretend I'm talking to the collective "you").

I'm on a mission to find the right SS integrated, and right now it's down to Sansui and Sherwood. I'm still keeping my Sansuis no matter what.
 
Last edited:
I'm so happy with the current set-up that I have not changed anything major in over a year. But am I done with my system? Not even close....

That's the key to it right there. Always try to maintain a safe distance ahead of your expectations... :D
 
happy or fed up?

I am finally happy due to the fact that I can't afford much more of a system and I reworked or fixed everything I am listening to.
Rek-O-Kut N-33H belt drive TT from 1958(?). Made a new platten from 1" plywood and remounted the motor on another platform for iso. New longer belt to accomodate new motor location.
Rek-o-kut tonearm that I modified to take regular headshells, added anti skating, rewired.
A no name tonearm making the ROK TT a 2 tone arm model.
Dynaco PAT-4 preamp with all new caps., low noise resistors, and shielded wiring. Also new distortion reduction transistors from upgrade my dynaco.com.
Yamaha M-50 amp with a new power supply circuit board and components that I made.
AR 18 with new surrounds.
That's about all I can think of now but I am sure there are more things I fixed to get to this point.

Paul
 
I am very happy and pleased with the Main System......I recently took the mmf-7.1 back to square one...Reset the VTF and played with the VTA and found an amazing sweet spot, it sounds fantastic!!! I don't have any IGD, all esses sound as they should....ST is wall to wall.
The only upgrade I am looking at is a new phonostage, but I am in no rush at all...maybe in January, this NAD phono is pretty nice and incredibly quiet.....Best $200 I spent on the analog side.

This week I should get tons of analog listening, home thru Thanksgiving no work till Monday.

Safe to say I am very satisfied.
 
Last edited:
One of these days, I'll get to hear some E90's...

But until then... :sigh:

Nah, I can't say that... I love my W90's... But a pair of E90's would surely fill any void I have in terms of modern music. I haven't heard from a single person who didn't love the big E** models. A pair of those alongside the W90's would be able to cover anything, I would think, and do it well.

They are nuts. Plain and simple. The bass is like getting attacked with a sledgehammer but it doesn't take away from the music. Perfect mids and non fatiguing highs, but the rest of my system is no slouch, either. I can't think of a single speaker that can outperform these within a reasonable price range. I may move up to Tannoy's Prestige line one day but these will be here for a long time.
 
Getting there. . I have a lot of speakers,, amps and stuff. Just don't know how to get it all working. I have a pair of altec lansing A7s and a pair of Bose tower speakers I forget the model number all around something... They sound nice. A paradigm subwoofer and a Kenwood subwoofer. Then I got the consoles. I want to built two systems. Bedroom and main. then have the consoles fit in somewhere.
 
They are nuts. Plain and simple. The bass is like getting attacked with a sledgehammer but it doesn't take away from the music. Perfect mids and non fatiguing highs, but the rest of my system is no slouch, either. I can't think of a single speaker that can outperform these within a reasonable price range. I may move up to Tannoy's Prestige line one day but these will be here for a long time.

Yup... That's exactly what I keep hearing. Well, they were pretty-expensive speakers themselves. Weren't they like $2200 for the pair back in the day? That's a wedding ring. They definitely didn't screw around when it came to their TOTLiners though. They made some nice ones over the years. I'd like to get at least one more of the big models. That's probably it though. No need to go crazy.

The new Wharfedale came out with some oversized Airedale remake a while back. These are near-Westminster-sized. Like a big, sculpted, oversized version of the Airedale Heritage. I can't even imagine what the price is for those things. They're clearly-going after the "giant uber-speaker" crowd. I bet they sound good though. They better.
 
I'm very happy with my main system with good recordings, not so happy about all the mediocre and bad recordings out there. Boy, do I notice the difference.
 
Used to be chronically unhappy with the sound I had
Kept saving pennies, skipping lunch and stealing the milk money to get better stuff.

Even the better stuff then the other stuff sounded horrible.

What finally pushed me into loving my system was treating the room.

Now I can't believe I'm hearing what I'm hearing and have no plans to upgrade anything.

Playing with inexpensive tweaks like diy cables and equipment isolation is keeping me busy.

Art
 
Back
Top Bottom