• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'm a stacker!

Register to hide this ad
Once upon a time I was a diehard stacker myself. Then I realized just how much stacking mucks up the sound. Then craigslist and bartertown became my best friends for offloading all those extra speakers. If you need to stack you truly need better speakers imho.
 
Once upon a time I was a diehard stacker myself. Then I realized just how much stacking mucks up the sound. Then craigslist and bartertown became my best friends for offloading all those extra speakers. If you need to stack you truly need better speakers imho.

I've always wondered why some people stack speakers like that. They must sound horrible. Sell those stacks and buy one or two pairs of better speakers.
 
Stack them and turn them all on at the same time. Then ask some of the members above, no "dare" them to experience the SPL surge that no one or two pairs of speakers would 'ever' produce. (Heck, stack all 4 walls and REALLY smear that sound...get those audiophiles to report you for "bad" behavior)!!

Forget about refinement and finesse blast those suckers outta there! lol And let the prissies sip their French wine ('57?).

Whatever turns you on is OK!

cnh2
 
Last edited:
I'm not much for stacking different brand/model speakers. However, I have had a handful of speakers that sound great when stacked with an identical set. (Often times mirror-stacked is the best sounding in my experience)
 
I don't think willy-nilly stacking of just any speakers is a good idea but stacked Advents really DO sound great.

Just like Harry Pearson found many years ago.

Doug
 
I stacked my JBL 2600's on top of my 4800's for a little bit and was actually quite impressed with the result. The speakers looked right at home as well. I added large rubber feet to the bottom of my 2600's which I feel helped isolate them quite a bit.
 
I've always wondered why some people stack speakers like that. They must sound horrible. Sell those stacks and buy one or two pairs of better speakers.

Sometimes, but not always. I stacked inverted Insignias on top of Infinity RS4's (the 2nd rate 1990's version) and they miraculously cancelled out each other's main defects.
 
I have some Polks stacked on my JBL 112's (OMG) and when I play SACDs the combo works fantastically! the Polks extend the HF and make the most of both worlds!
 
Back
Top Bottom