• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'm a sucker for a hefty quality remote control...

Lots of good examples here. I wish Logitech would make a Harmony remote specifically for audio systems - machined aluminum billet, minimal key layout.
 
Mark Levinson 585 has a hefty metal remote control, as does also my new-to-me Rotel RHT-10 tuner. The metal battery compartment cover of the Levinson is secured by a Phillips head screw.
 
just found this on the Bay and took a chance. It's actually a very nice and solid universal remote control. Machined out of solid aluminum and the buttons appear to be metal. You can get it in silver or black.

Can you share with us the make and model of that nice-looking universal remote?
 
I got it off of Ebay - here is the link to the vendor that I purchased from:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-Key-Learning-Function-Remote-Control-Controller-with-Aluminum-Shell-For-Amp/284118172101?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If that doesn't work, try searching for the description:13 Key Learning Function Remote Control Controller with Aluminum Shell For Amp

Thank you! Are there any functions for the Freya+ that don't work with this new remote ?
 
Thank you! Are there any functions for the Freya+ that don't work with this new remote ?

I haven't found any! The range this remote has compare to the little Schiit remote is night and day. Granted, I am using it across a room, if it were close range, the little Schiit one would be fine. Biggest problem is just remember what buttons you have mapped to what. Honestly, VOL UP, VOL DOWN and MUTE are the only things I would use regularly, and that is already spelled out on the universal remote. I used the left and right arrow keys for the input select and preamp mode buttons. I could never remember what buttons controlled those functions on the Schiit remote anyway, so this is an improvement :)
 
Audiocubics makes a nice little passive volume controller with several options for the remote control. The price is a little steep for me for just volume control, but it is quite nice.

img_03p.jpg


I have no affiliation with Audiocubics. I do have a friend that owns one with the walnut remote. It's not much bigger than the Apple remote.
does this company still exist? no email response
 
does this company still exist? no email response

I found another email address from the transaction when I bought it a few years ago - I just sent him a note asking if he was still selling them. I've had mine a few years now, still working fine.
 
I found another email address from the transaction when I bought it a few years ago - I just sent him a note asking if he was still selling them. I've had mine a few years now, still working fine.
thanks
but it makes me hesitant though for a company tha cannot keep their emails straight....
 
Marantz RC-95PM (Programmable Remote). 730grams, aluminium and cost 40,000Yen (1988/89) as an option for the PM-95 integrated amp.

upload_2021-7-13_17-10-48.png

upload_2021-7-13_17-11-16.png

Really lovely remote. Even has contrast adjustment for the LCD. Only thing is the LCD is not backlit.
 
Back
Top Bottom