• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

IMF owners thread!

My als 40 are probably older than yours. So yours are more improved ,maybe more closer to the mk II, I see you have an 100nf value in yours some 2x 6nf, 1x 60nf the other one? 2extra green are 2.2 nf
 
Hi, yes you're right ,sorry it was not your crossover it was the crossover from the photo of Martinvb . But I'm surprise your crossover come with capacitors values similar to Tls50 but on the Als40 these woofer 's do not act the same. Like to see if someones else have a photos of Als40 mk I or mk II crossovers.Did you unscrew the terminals to see if it was some capacitors?
 
Hi, yes you're right ,sorry it was not your crossover it was the crossover from the photo of Martinvb . But I'm surprise your crossover come with capacitors values similar to Tls50 but on the Als40 these woofer 's do not act the same. Like to see if someones else have a photos of Als40 mk I or mk II crossovers.Did you unscrew the terminals to see if it was some capacitors?
No Capacitors across the input terminals on these. I still have to fully remove the drivers. Might be something tucked away in the foam.
 
Hi, but the Als30 have 6 1/2" Woofers not 8 " , probably the same circuit but differents capacitors values. With IMF I have seen photos of circuit board on some Tls 50 mk I using same as my prof. Mk III , but my Tls 50 mk I is smaller board dimensions and one extra board with an extra coil with 2 capacitors 2.2nf same as your photo.
 
Hi, but the Als30 have 6 1/2" Woofers not 8 " , probably the same circuit but differents capacitors values. With IMF I have seen photos of circuit board on some Tls 50 mk I using same as my prof. Mk III , but my Tls 50 mk I is smaller board dimensions and one extra board with an extra coil with 2 capacitors 2.2nf same as your photo.
Here’s wat I found in my (original) ALS40-II filters (with 2 caps on separate small PCB):
Capacitance (MFD)Voltage
60​
100​
60​
100​
4​
50​
4​
50​
6​
50​
12​
50​

And in the ALS30 (labelled as ALS40-II:

Capacitance (MFD)

Voltage

30​
50​
6​
50​
6​
50​
30​
50​
30​
50​
Very confusing…
 
Hi, your Als 40 mk II X-over is more similar to my mk I so I suspect the one in Dustin have been replace? Or It seems IMF at the begining did make some error until finding the good combination? Or differents woofer 's combinaisons , so differents capacitors values ? Or because of these Elcaps value can be so différents, the 100nf act like a 60nf
 
Hi Dusty, the woofer's with the rib are they 8/28 B or 8/30 B
 

Attachments

  • 20260723_153013.jpg
    20260723_153013.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 20260723_152955.jpg
    20260723_152955.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 1
Hi, I have one elac 8/30 B and one elac 8/30 no rib these have similar magnet size like a kef b200 sp1014, but I know on the Tls 50 mk II they came with 8/28 and 8/28 B (rib) big magnet , not shure on Als 40 mk II what they have in it.
 
Hi, on youtube this guy Haycross audio (UK) have work on some TDL and IMF, he have work on Als 40 mk I, part 1 and part 2 but didn't finish ?
 
Hi, on youtube they just made made some videos talking about IMF and TDL. Story of the beginning of the company, John Wright with the TL concept, mostly talking of KEF B139 specially Tls80 and RSPM Mk 4, the raise of the company ,the quality of the cabinetry and the prise in ⅕q¹qthe reference in the audio community. And the decline because of size, cost of shipping and the plublic choice for smaller,cheaper design including the use of subwoofer. Interesthing but I will have prefer photos of John Wright, is own beginning ,the influence he have in the audio community and real photos during fabrication of the IMF speakers.
 
Hi, on youtube they just made made some videos talking about IMF and TDL. Story of the beginning of the company, John Wright with the TL concept, mostly talking of KEF B139 specially Tls80 and RSPM Mk 4, the raise of the company ,the quality of the cabinetry and the prise in ⅕q¹qthe reference in the audio community. And the decline because of size, cost of shipping and the plublic choice for smaller,cheaper design including the use of subwoofer. Interesthing but I will have prefer photos of John Wright, is own beginning ,the influence he have in the audio community and real photos during fabrication of the IMF speakers.
have a link?

Nashou
 
Back
Top Bottom