• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Impedance dial

TheMarco

Thrift Store Audiophile
Subscriber
My preamp has this dial. Does anyone know how to set it? I have a Signet TK7E cartridge.

I set it to the middle for now but I'm guessing this will allow me to get more out of my cart?

PXL_20230112_041723162.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
usually the cartridge owner's manual will tell you what load to use. Typical is 47k. Use that as a start point but you can dial it to whatever sounds best to you.
 
My preamp has this dial. Does anyone know how to set it? I have a Signet TK7E cartridge.

I set it to the middle for now but I'm guessing this will allow me to get more out of my cart?

View attachment 2764322

Make sure your system sounds as you would like it to sound with a neutral source like a CD player, and then adjust to taste until the high frequencies (10K-20K) sound as you want them to sound.
 
Make sure your system sounds as you would like it to sound with a neutral source like a CD player, and then adjust to taste until the high frequencies (10K-20K) sound as you want them to sound.
Good idea. I have a few albums on both formats so I can compare pretty accurately.
 
Back
Top Bottom