• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Indesperate need of music to get excited about

eddantes

Drone, Sector 7-G
I go through periods where my need for music is insatiable - any genre, don't matter - I listen every available moment. But now and again - I get into a funk where nothing interests me. I'm in one of those right now.

So I'm asking the AK community to throw some music at me. If any streaming service has it - I will give it a spin. Don't ask "what do you like" - I'm ready to head into the wilderness.

So whatcha got?
 
Register to hide this ad


Nas : Illmatic

If you only own one hip hop record make it this one



Weldon Irvine : Sinbad

Just an incredible ensemble of musicians. File under soul/funk



The Beta Band : The Beta Band

John Cusack was right all along ......



Warpaint : Warpaint

Recommended to fans of Portishead and Massive Attack



White Denim : Corsicana Lemonade

Southern fried prog rock (file under guitar heroes of the future)
 
Haven't heard any of these - All good candidates. Lining up the streams. Will be back with comment. (Not that I'm judging your taste in music, it's all individual; just wether or not "I got it")
 
Kraftwerk - The Man Machine. Also the version of "Radioactivity" on "The Mix" album.

Laurie Anderson - Big Science.
 
Kraftwerk - The Man Machine. Also the version of "Radioactivity" on "The Mix" album.

Even better (IMHO) on the "live" recording MINIMUM/MAXIMUM.

PN00001449-0001-KRAFTWERK-MINIMUM-MAXIMUM-2CD.jpg
 
Have you ever heard any Gil Scott-Heron? How about Deodato? And what about Stuff?

I'm a huge Isaac Hayes fan, but if you like funk, you're already there. And I thought about mentioning Jeff Buckley, specifically his debut and only non-posthumous album, "Grace", but who hasn't heard that one before? And I'm sure you've heard Herbie Hancock's "Headhunters" album before, right? BTW, I prefer the '92 CD over the later version, which has some mastering compression and/or limiting that hampers the dynamics.

Boy, this "Best Of Leon" LP (Leon Russell) sure is great, that's for sure... If you don't have this album, get a copy.
 
Last edited:
My apologies. Just wanted to say that no listening happened this afternoon.

On my country's birthday, I was cheering like mad for my US neighbours. It was an incredible game! So much heart - I truly was hoping you'd be able to pull it off in the end and at least get it to PKs. Regardless - it was a glorious performance: in the face of a clearly superior opponent US just kept fighting on, right to the last moment. What grand entertainment! You'd better welcome your footballers home with a big reception - they deserve it!
 
Some great suggestions already.

Here's another. This guy I was just reminded of this morning when I saw an article about him on my way back from the Gulf Islands (where he lives) this morning.

http://harrymanx.com/
 
Give the album Streamer a listen by Nils Petter Molvaer or how about Tales from the Punchbowl by Primus?
 
Here is a variety of music.....

Punk///Iggy Pop - "Raw Power" and "The Idiot"

????///The Buthole Surfers - "Electric Clarryland" Creative.

Mellow///Al Stewart - "Year Of Cat", "Time Passages" Known for the production values

Violinists - Sarah Chang, Issac Stern, Cho-Liang Lin. If you haven't tried classical, look these artists up for their performances of the works of major composers. The violin, played right, is a very engaging instrument. I began listening to this after decades of rock. A great change. Give it a try.
 
Back
Top Bottom