• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity IRS Beta barn find

^^^
Lest y'all forget, here's the guy with one of the best scores ever, folks. I admit mine was pretty good, but I actually had to pass green for my big Infinities. This bastard found QLS-1's by the curb. I occasionally think of tubed's OLS-1 curb find when beholding my own and sit in amazement at the thought of seeing a pair of those big ass grandfather clocks sitting by the curb and free for the taking. :jawdrop:

The RSII's were just being brought out as I pulled in:)

I'm sure you are going to have a ball dialing in your new Betas, more than your moneys worth!
 
The RSII's were just being brought out as I pulled in:)

I'm sure you are going to have a ball dialing in your new Betas, more than your moneys worth!

Oh yeah...how the hell could I forget about the RSII's keepin' 'em company by the curb? And also free for the taking!! So there ya go....QLS-1's and RSII duo curb find. Good Lord!
 
If you ever have the "unconvincing" need for smaller Infinities! And those take up too much space you find...:D
Nice score. I like em.
 
Oh yeah...how the hell could I forget about the RSII's keepin' 'em company by the curb? And also free for the taking!! So there ya go....QLS-1's and RSII duo curb find. Good Lord!

Wow, double score, and here in LA? I gotta get out more on Trash days.
 
Definitely One For The Ages!!! Like everyone else here, I'm jealous! Who wouldn't want Beta's; and especially at the price you paid... Nice... :banana::banana::banana::banana:

The closest that I ever came, was a pair of Infinity RS-1B's, on eBay, with a Buy It Now of $800 bucks! And I hesitated just a few seconds too long, not believing what I was seeing. So, by the time I clicked the Button, the auction was over... :sigh:

Also, keep us updated on the restore process. Start a Beta thread in the Infinity Forum. I have to live vicariously, through others, in these instances! :D
 
Definitely One For The Ages!!! Like everyone else here, I'm jealous! Who wouldn't want Beta's; and especially at the price you paid... Nice... :banana::banana::banana::banana:

The closest that I ever came, was a pair of Infinity RS-1B's, on eBay, with a Buy It Now of $800 bucks! And I hesitated just a few seconds too long, not believing what I was seeing. So, by the time I clicked the Button, the auction was over... :sigh:

Also, keep us updated on the restore process. Start a Beta thread in the Infinity Forum. I have to live vicariously, through others, in these instances! :D

Will do. Might do it in the speaker forum, though....you know, so I can share it with the non-Infinity crowd too. So keep an eye out there in the next few days.

Last night was my first chance to just sit and stare at them. With the QLS-1's playing sweetly and powerfully behind me all I could think was if these Beta's sound half as magnificent as they look and are a significant improvement over the mighty Quantums I'm in for one bad ass ride. :yes:
 
Can the QLS-1's be biamped? I can't remember? If so, I'd have to hook up the LEMIM towers, with the QLS-1 woofers, to at least get some idea of the Sonic Goodness coming my way! :D Even if I had a sub, I'd be game! With speakers like that, I wouldn't have the patience to wait... :banana::no::banana:

Will do. Might do it in the speaker forum, though....you know, so I can share it with the non-Infinity crowd too. So keep an eye out there in the next few days.

Last night was my first chance to just sit and stare at them. With the QLS-1's playing sweetly and powerfully behind me all I could think was if these Beta's sound half as magnificent as they look and are a significant improvement over the mighty Quantums I'm in for one bad ass ride. :yes:
 
Can the QLS-1's be biamped? I can't remember? If so, I'd have to hook up the LEMIM towers, with the QLS-1 woofers, to at least get some idea of the Sonic Goodness coming my way! :D Even if I had a sub, I'd be game! With speakers like that, I wouldn't have the patience to wait... :banana::no::banana:

I've made a date with the mid/tweeter towers for Friday night. We'll be joined by a pair of MJK OB H-frame subs (with 15" AE IB15 drivers and driven by a pair of plate amps crossed over at the appropriate point) for a little menage a trois action. :D
 
Thanks guys. Still a little strange when I look at the big speakers covered up on the side of the garage and remind myself those are Betas sittin' there. Of course, I'm dyin' to hear them but at this point I'm just grateful to have stumbled upon them.
 
Just how much Howard's Feed-n-Wax do you think you will need to make those look great? Is it going to be another significant cost addition to this acquisition?
 
Thanks guys. Still a little strange when I look at the big speakers covered up on the side of the garage and remind myself those are Betas sittin' there. Of course, I'm dyin' to hear them but at this point I'm just grateful to have stumbled upon them.

You're like "who's giant speakers are those...that's right they're mine". :)
 
You're like "who's giant speakers are those...that's right they're mine". :)

No doubt! And the Altec 19's sittin' right next to 'em are like "who the f*$k are you and where the f*! did you come from?!?! Beat it you planar panel/servo woofer geeks...no room for you here!!!"
 
Just how much Howard's Feed-n-Wax do you think you will need to make those look great? Is it going to be another significant cost addition to this acquisition?

Man, as if my luck in finding them wasn't maxed out enough, I'm pretty lucky wrt the condition of the wood. It looks really good...even with a coat of dust. :yes:
 
GOOD ONE !!! the ad was gone but I'm sure you got a deal ... mine had to be refoamed and cleaned up ... but they were in real good shape ...

Good luck ...

John M
 
GOOD ONE !!! the ad was gone but I'm sure you got a deal ... mine had to be refoamed and cleaned up ... but they were in real good shape ...

Good luck ...

John M

Same here. Refoam and replace dust caps and deeeeeeep clean. These were in a house but I swear you'd never believe it for all the dust that's covering them....hence my "barn find" reference. Fortunately the grills were never removed and the planar drivers look damn near immaculate. The seller was a smoker, too.....so they'll need a while to air out. My ADS 1290 II's came from a meth den....now THAT took a while to air out. :yuck:
 
Back
Top Bottom