• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Infinity IRS Beta speakers.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/d/complete-infinity-irs-beta/6573876186.html

Amazing set up if one has the requisite amps to push this system. I'm thinking Mcintosh KW amps? Sometimes I miss my old Kappa 8's.

For posterity, ad text copied below. Who in their right mind would buy these at $6k and not hear them first to make sure all is well?

Priced to sell. Well taken care of but unfortunately I don't have any spare spare amps to audition them.
What's included:
Complete IRS Beta system. 4 towers in Santos Mahogany.
Infinity IRS Beta bass controller and cables
IRS Beta system owners manual as well as a bass contoller owners manual (Both like new)
2 extra IRS Beta crossover sets for high and mid drivers
4 extra IRS Beta midrange EMIM drivers
Multiple extra IRS Beta EMIT drivers
2 extra IRS Beta control subwoofers
If it's listed, then it is still available

infinity IRS beta nude.jpg infinity IRS beta.jpg
 
Last edited:
I honestly don't know if I'd buy the Beta's (cash willing), or the VMPS RM-V60 speakers, currently on eBay (not mine). Both dream speakers to me, so it'd be a tough choice. Though, the VMPS 60's aren't being sold with their optional bass towers. Buying subs would bump that price up. Maybe a pair of Rythmik servo subs?

VMPS 60 s-l1600.jpg

VLA Sub

VLA_Rosewood.jpg
 
Last edited:
Not sure where these fit into the infinity hierarchy. Seems to be a little gentler on the wallet if you have to power them as opposed to the above.
Are these above the Kappa 9's?
Yeah, probably, although the RS IIBs came a lot earlier; they weren't sold at the same time. I'd guess that the K9s can handle more power and go lower, though.
 
Maybe I'm wrong, wasn't the Beta THE speaker used by stereophile that all others were compared too for something like 10 years.
 
Back
Top Bottom