• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Integrated Death Match

Wouldn't it make more sense to sit down and listen to them or a period or time, and see which one you like the sound of more? Rather than throw it open to a bunch of other peoples opinions? After all, it's you that has to live with it.

Bah! Playin' it safe is boring... Flyin' by the seat of your pants is way-more-fun.... Plus, you get to spend a lot more of your hard-earned money to boot... It's a no-brainer.... :stupid:

:D
 
Last edited:
you need w1jim's switching box where you can do A/B comparisons in real time.

I'm a Sansui love but I think this one is fugly...the yamaha is a very elegant cleanly laid out piece. I'm sure they're both great but listen for the soundstage, I'm guessing Yamaha will give you the "guard at Buckingham Palace" mojo, refined and buttoned up tight, the Sui will give you that "3rd toke" soundstage, spatial and beautiful mids. I really think acoustic sounds good on most units, my real test is crunchy guitar like Saxon or AC/DC. Some units just make a distorted guitar sound beautiful.
 
I'd listen to both and make a decision based on what I hear, although as someone has already pointed out, you may want to try them with several speakers.

Based on my somewhat causal listening experience, I would probably keep the Sansui. Ultimately, you're the judge and have to be happy with what you hear.

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
That Yamaha has a massive, powerful, as well as clear sound. Did not resemble the somewhat polite silver faced receivers' sound, but retained their excellent phono section and added MC. It's almost as heavy as my M-4s and sounded more dynamic. It even drove my 6' Maggies; not an easy task. There's a very inconvenient to access fuse. It isn't working any more. Ah well.

Toroid vs E-trans: there are great sounding examples of each. Disturbs me that people assume one is automatically superior without stating the VA of each or any other spec. Superficial thinking. Some toroids I've had sounded thin and anemic while some are superb (R-9050, M-2, PC-2002).

Won't speculate how that specific Sui sounds since I've never had it.
 
Back
Top Bottom