• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interesting looking... any ideas?

dickard

Active Member
Does anybody know what kind of speakers these are, and if they'd be worth picking up? I'm thinking that they are Philips mids, but I'm not totally certain. 15" woofer and ribbon tweeter. Like I really need more speakers.
 

Attachments

  • 1215kbg_20.jpeg
    1215kbg_20.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 105
Register to hide this ad
Looks like a 12" woofer to me. Nice looking drivers, but I do not believe the mid and high frequency drivers are original.
 
Yeah, I think I'm probably going to pass on these. I am always tempted by dome midranges for some reason.
 
Frankenspeakers by the looks of things.
Nice Philips dome midranges.
Interesting (maybe) tweeters; planars... or they recycled Pioneer HPM supertweeters?
 
Definitely Philips dome mids, similar to what is in some Beovox speakers. The tweeter looks like a high-end JVC ribbon and yes, JVC made some incredible speakers with ribbon tweeters. If those woofers are 15 in., they look very close to a pair of 15 in. Eminence woofers I had that were pulled from a pair of Klipsch Cornwall 2's.

If the price was right, I'd scoop them just for the drivers.
 
Last edited:
On second thought, the ribbons could be Pioneers. If the frame is plastic, they probably would be Pioneer.
 
Back
Top Bottom