• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

kenwoodrcvr.jpg


Nak_Ad_Audio_Dec_92.jpg


stax.jpg


drmu-1923-01-cr-5-150.jpg
 
How'z that? :)

JVC "Super-A"

attachment.php

Cheers, og
 

Attachments

  • JVC-A-X9.jpg
    JVC-A-X9.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,253
Has anyone heard the Sinclair equipment? I find it very attractive -- wonder if it lives up to its looks. Sinclair made a suprising amount of equipment -- most people, I suspect only know them for the early little computer (sold by Timex in this country), but I built a couple of the calculator kits that they sold, and actually went to the office in NYC to try to buy a Black Watch digital watch kit, but they either were sold out, or withdrawn from the market by the time I got there.
 
Has anyone heard the Sinclair equipment? I find it very attractive -- wonder if it lives up to its looks. Sinclair made a suprising amount of equipment -- most people, I suspect only know them for the early little computer (sold by Timex in this country), but I built a couple of the calculator kits that they sold, and actually went to the office in NYC to try to buy a Black Watch digital watch kit, but they either were sold out, or withdrawn from the market by the time I got there.

Clive Sinclair produced a number of innovative items, most of which fed the cliche of Brit electronix quirkiness. I still have the pocket 'international' TV which was actually a pretty decent product but with the most fragile plastic case parts imaginable. The Sinclair electric car project started with high hopes and became a toylike pathetic joke in the end, making the truly odd Brit Peel car almost appealing (couldn't resist) by comparison.
c51.jpg
c580s.jpg
 
Last edited:
I remember the little Sinclair calculator and computer from the early days of both flavors of products...
The LED digital watch kit was the first Sinclair product I saw, incredibly flimsy and nearly useless. The Sinclair computer was imported by and rebranded for Timex and I dunno how many died traumatically being thrown against walls when the flakey intermittent memory port contacts reset the device in the middle of long and complex chain operations for the 'last' time..
 
This Sinclair/odd ball product tangent is so amusing I hope it gets its own thread. The picture of the gent in the Peel makes it clear that the Peel wasn't just small for a car -- it was a small for go kart
 
Back
Top Bottom