• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is it safe to upgrade the UF on a CAPACITOR?

Cody AOC

Active Member
So I have been looking and looking I can't find any 50v 1.5uf capacitor and it has to be an Audio cap because it is in my vintage sansui 5050 receiver would it be safe to up the uf to 2.2uf 50v since any of the voltage there is no 1.5uf in any voltage and the cap of that one is in leaky bad condition.
 
Register to hide this ad
Ya after I posted this I did some more research about it and some people said the general use caps sound better than than the caps currently in my Sansui just because well the caps in the Sansui are 40 years old and most are leaky the new cap would sound better anyway that was the only one that was not an audio cap.
 
Back
Top Bottom