• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Is This Receiver And Speaker Combo A Good Deal??

Some of those AV units have a stereo direct bypass. Ive had a couple that do sound pretty good.
I have a Sony GX700ES that sounds really good...when the "Sound Field" crap is bypassed. It puts out a lot more current than the standard Sony receiver line and really drives speakers well.
 
I trust you recapped it.

The cabs were slightly water swollen at the bottom corners so I just sold them off "as is". Funny thing they sounded better in the garage while I was demo-ing them than I remembered in the house. They never were serious keepers for me. TBH I sold them for the same price as the OP posted. I still think it's a good bang for the buck deal.
 
The cabs were slightly water swollen at the bottom corners so I just sold them off "as is". Funny thing they sounded better in the garage while I was demo-ing them than I remembered in the house. They never were serious keepers for me. TBH I sold them for the same price as the OP posted. I still think it's a good bang for the buck deal.
It's probably not a great idea to give qualifiers on how something sounds when you don't even know if it was working correctly. I read another thread earlier where someone claimed that the JBL Titanium tweeters sounded "muffled". Bright? Maybe. Fatiguing? Perhaps to some. Muffled? Not to anyone with working speakers and ears.
 
Back
Top Bottom