• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Japanese Stereo Commercials

Register to hide this ad
Yowza!!

Hey, Hendrix416......Great Stuff.....Thanks!!

Was/Is Aurex an equipment company, or is it a cassette tape line?

Notice all the living spaces, while "normal" for us, would be HUGE by Japanese standards....(I think)........maybe why so many compact systems featured.....

Groovy post......willhowl:D
 
That was cool. I want one of those Lo-D record cleaners. :yes:

Agreed!, that was crazy cool. I wonder if it ever made it stateside at all, I doubt it...all we ever got was vac-o-recs:D

Love the commercials, very cool (also very 80's). The "guest stars" were unique to, Benny Goodman and Willie Nelson?, sure why not!...though I got to wonder, what was the fasination with vertical record players?, seemed like it would take up more room, and be less dependable, but maybe i'm missing something:scratch2:.
 
...though I got to wonder, what was the fasination with vertical record players?, seemed like it would take up more room, and be less dependable, but maybe i'm missing something:scratch2:.

Japanese homes are typically small, with very compact rooms. Space efficiency is of utmost importance. My (Japanese) wife's 1-bedroom apartment in Tokyo was about the same size as the living room in our current house.
 
Japanese homes are typically small, with very compact rooms. Space efficiency is of utmost importance. My (Japanese) wife's 1-bedroom apartment in Tokyo was about the same size as the living room in our current house.

I hear property values in Tokyo make New York City seem affordable by comparison. Did we even get Aurex equipment in the US? How come we never used Benny Goodman in our commercials? Oh yeah, that's right because we take our own jazz for granted while it is quite loved throughout Europe and Asia. With what gets reissued in Japan, I am under the impression that they take their love of music quite seriously (I remember a time when certain albums by Amon Duul II, Amon Duul, Faust and bands of the like were only available as very expensive Japanese imports).
 
Heh, love it!

Dancing barstools? Big hair? Technics remotes that fire visible laser beams? Products with names like "The Space", "Wing", "Project G7", "Private" and... um... "Bird Land"? :saywhat:

Gotta love Japan.

Even saw the Sony CDP-11S in that ad with Willie Nelson.

I used to have the Lo-D fanfare as the text message alert on my phone, much to the chagrin of well... Everyone! :D
 
though I got to wonder, what was the fasination with vertical record players?, seemed like it would take up more room, and be less dependable, but maybe i'm missing something:scratch2:.

What beatcomber said. I think an additional compnent is just plain old style. It just looks awesome.

It was done again with CDs, makes no sense either. :music:
 
Japanese homes are typically small, with very compact rooms. Space efficiency is of utmost importance. My (Japanese) wife's 1-bedroom apartment in Tokyo was about the same size as the living room in our current house.

Good point, from all i've seen, living spaces are very small over in Japan...I always take the space for granted, I guess:yes:

What beatcomber said. I think an additional compnent is just plain old style. It just looks awesome.

Another good point, it is very different, which must have appealed to the changing styles over the decades.

It was done again with CDs, makes no sense either. :music:

Everything old is new again, I guess:scratch2:

Oh, and i'll add that ms_enj reminded me, the "laser remote" was pretty cool, if only it were like that in real life:D
 
I hear property values in Tokyo make New York City seem affordable by comparison.

When I was in Tokyo last year, I happened to visit what is considered an upscale residential neighborhood. I was surprised that the houses had probably no more than 2000 sq ft., and practically no land around them. Those houses probably cost several million dollars.
 
Back
Top Bottom