jaymanaa
RIP 1961-2018
Hi All, while awaiting parts for the big chrome Conns of Terry's, I'm going to do some preliminary work on Ken's newest amp. It appears to be a homebrew of remarkable quality. Someone really knew their stuff when they whittled this one out. It uses EL34s in PP, with a 12AY7 splitter, and AX7 drivers. The exciting thing is the iron. The PT is absolutely huge (and sheilded), with a 4 inch
stack. The OPTs are Thordarson Ultra linear jobs (22S39). So far I have tested all the TXs and they look fine.
I'm planning all new lytics, new silver wire, fancy smansy coupling caps, etc.... Cosmetically I'm planning on a first rate paint job, with some custom (by hand) pin stripping. I have a feeling this thing will be like a ST70 on steroids. Thanks for letting me operate Ken, I'll try to do her proud.:thmbsp:
stack. The OPTs are Thordarson Ultra linear jobs (22S39). So far I have tested all the TXs and they look fine.
I'm planning all new lytics, new silver wire, fancy smansy coupling caps, etc.... Cosmetically I'm planning on a first rate paint job, with some custom (by hand) pin stripping. I have a feeling this thing will be like a ST70 on steroids. Thanks for letting me operate Ken, I'll try to do her proud.:thmbsp:
Last edited:
monster iron! The wildest I have(operational) is the potted iron on my Ampeg.This is good lookin' start,Urizen! Heck, it's probably great now!