• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Jazz Fusion Playlist

Nice Stanley LP's, Ed!

No one has mentioned "Modern Man" by Stanley. I may just put that one on the H/K tonight.

Rome
 
BillyCobhamSpectrum.jpg


Billy Cobham ~ Spectrum
Atlantic '73
 
What can you about ole Billy's "Spectrum" LP?

Truly a classic...

Rome

Killer LP! One of the time great fusion masterpieces! :music:



I consider myself limited in the genre but for me atleast this album along with Herbie's Head Hunters are the meat 'n potatoes. :music:

That lp is a great way to see what your system is made of! Still in shrink too!! :yes:

Get your hands on Return to Forever's "Romantic Warrior" & Mahavishu's "Birds of Fire" Smokin' stuff! :music:
Herbie Hancock ~ Sound-System (Columbia, '84)
US

The jazz purists must have despised these 80s Herbie records. I think this one and Future Shock are great.

Saw him in the 80's playing this stuff with the Return of the Headhunters Group with Michael Brecker on sax great concert. Chick Corea's Elektric Band played first that night at a beautiful outdoor venue. :music:
 
Get your hands on Return to Forever's "Romantic Warrior" & Mahavishu's "Birds of Fire" Smokin' stuff! :music:

Thanks Bob!! I got Romantic Warrior and love it, I'm always on the look out for anything with McLaughlin but so far my M.O. discography is only one album strong (Visions of the Emerald Beyond)
 
Thanks Bob!! I got Romantic Warrior and love it, I'm always on the look out for anything with McLaughlin but so far my M.O. discography is only one album strong (Visions of the Emerald Beyond)

Cool! M.O.'s Inner Mounting Flame is another to watch out for also. RTF's No Mystery, Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy & Where Have I Known You Before lp's are all great like Romantic Warrior.



Sounds good to me... think I will!


mahav-romanticx2.jpg

That's what were talking about!! :music: :thmbsp:
 
Flying Island (1975)

flyingisland1.jpg



Bass – Thom Preli
Drums, Percussion – Bill Bacon
Guitar – Ray Smith
Keyboards – Jeff Bova
Violin, Flute – Faith Fraioli
 
Back
Top Bottom