• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

JBL Info Needed

Bill Sassman

New Member
My uncle has some JBL D6057RP speakers. I know nothing about high end audio and would like to know more.
What would it take to listen to these monsters? IMG_0027.JPGIMG_0030.JPG
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 59
Register to hide this ad
They look very much like the JBL Olympus speakers I once owned. The grills are different then the Olympus. They came in different driver loads.
 
Welcome to AK. I am not familiar with that model, but they certainly look impressive.

As for listening to them, all you need is a receiver and a CD player. If you don't have one handy, your local thrift store will probably have something inexpensive to get you started.

You posted in Dollars and Cents so some folks interested in JBL might not see it right a way. I have no idea of value, but someone here will.
 
Yep, S7R means it is S7 system with the 15-inch passive radiator but it's only a two-way configuration of LE15A woofer with LE85 mid-driver and HL91 lens but without the 075 UHF ring-radiator.
Those are the C60 Sovereign I cabinets with the cloth grille inserts. The models with the wooden lattice-work grilles were called Olympus.

Just plug them up to an amp and listen to them!
 
Back
Top Bottom