• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL L50 BINDING POST

basbol13

Active Member
I have a JBL L50 speaker and one of the origional binding posts is broken, does anyone know where I can get a replacement???
 
Register to hide this ad
Probably only source is a parted-out JBL from the same period, they used these on many models in the mid to late '70s.

Most people hate those twist-lock bare wire terminals so much they just replace all of them with sturdier binding posts that will also accept banana plugs or speaker pins, as well as bare wire. Parts Express and other online places will have them and there's a bunch of threads here on AK with various recommendations from folks that have made this switch.

John
 
I've been installing 5-way binding posts in my referbs. That way they will accept any BFA banana plugs I have. Not original, but better (IMO).
 
Me too. I've swapped in 5 way binding posts for most of those cheesy pinch-type posts or twist-lock posts in most of the JBLs I ever owned.
Parts Express made reasonable ones - you can even get the recessed cups from them if you need them.
 
Me too. I've swapped in 5 way binding posts for most of those cheesy pinch-type posts or twist-lock posts in most of the JBLs I ever owned.
Parts Express made reasonable ones - you can even get the recessed cups from them if you need them.
Do you have a pix or link to these 5 ways ?
 
Back
Top Bottom