• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL, Lansing Old, I need help understanding what I have.

I have a pair with the same drivers in different cabinets.

Check eBay "completed listings" for the drivers , not the complete speaker assembly.

JBL D130 for the woofers and JBL 075 for the tweeters. You may be surprised at the value.

Several of the N2600 crossovers recently sold for about $250 a pair, others for less.
 
Last edited:
If you want more info you could start another thread in the speaker forum but simply ask for info on the speakers but not the value. You will probably get a lot of replies there.
 
I have a pair with the same drivers in different cabinets.

Check eBay "completed listings" for the drivers , not the complete speaker assembly.

JBL D130 for the woofers and JBL 075 for the tweeters. You may be surprised at the value.

Several of the N2600 crossovers recently sold for about $250 a pair, others for less.
 
WoW, just for the crossover, I know they sound great, Im new to this, when I was younger I had a system in my car, and when I was married I had a surround sound system that was a bose package, "tried to do as much research as I could when I got those" anyways I am assuming the crossover is just the box that is connected to the speakers and not the speaker? Again i want thank everyone that has helped me out, I would be lost otherwise, but the more I learn the more interested I get, I could see myself taking this up as a hobby, I have 2 boys and have been into rc helicopters and drones, but they are getting older and less interested.
 
I would say that the cabinets, aside from a template for taking measurements of the inside dimensions, are not really valuable since they are probably DIY. And IMO hideous! :) You can probably get a lot more for them if you take the components out and sell them along with the internal measurements of the box. Alternatively, you might remove the nasty trim and replace with a more elegant (IMO of course) straight molding and either strip, stain and refinish or just paint them black or brown.
 
Agreed. If you're going to sell, it looks like you'll get the most if you offer each item individually (maybe sell the crossovers as a pair). You're probably sitting on close to $1000 worth of components, all told, assuming everything works. The fact that they've probably been sitting in the same boxes their entire lives will put them in close to mint condition. If you decide to sell, exercise extreme caution when removing the screws - a screwdriver through a driver cone will severely affect their value (not to mention their functionality). Take your time. If you can disassemble the cabinet so that you only have the front baffle to work with, so much the better.
 
OTOH, the MCM guys fawn all over that sort of thing. The right local buyer could be very interested in the whole thing as it stands.

^^^^ Yep. Although I don't think of myself as a MCM guy, and agree with @MannyE that they are hideous, they're hideous to the point of darned cool.
They'd be right smart looking with these Voice of Music el84 amp and tuner. I urge OP to keep them together, as they are. They're sorta special, and just think how tough it would be find others like them.
0624171941.jpg
 
Last edited:
I had a pair of DIY 030 a few years ago that were quickly purchased by a local from my CL ad.
He asked to remove the backs off the cabinet and observed that the drivers were probably left undisturbed since the cabs were built.
He also pointed out that both woofers were suffering from multiple fine cracks around the paper "surrounds" and needed to be reconed.
That said, he was eager to take them off my hands at my asking price.
Picture 2155.jpg
 
Mine are in more appropriate Apollo cabs but still a little hideous in there own way. Most of the other gear in the pics is long gone.

Apollos.jpg
 
OTOH, the MCM guys fawn all over that sort of thing. The right local buyer could be very interested in the whole thing as it stands.

Agree. If you sell local, let the buyer decide. Those are unique looking cabs - I'd use the 'white-out' if they were mine.
 
Last edited:
I would say that the cabinets, aside from a template for taking measurements of the inside dimensions, are not really valuable since they are probably DIY. And IMO hideous! :)
But they're obviously not DIY. In the first post the Acousti-Craft label is clearly visible. Many JBL systems were sold in Acousti-Craft cabinets back then and most were not quite that . . . umm . . . stylish!

As the owner of an 030 system, I can tell you the components are among the least valuable of JBL systems from that era. While the D130 is a wonderful driver when playing strings such as guitar or cello music, and even full orchestras, they are just not capable of enough low-end to create a true concert experience. The 075 gets, at best, mixed reviews and the two together leave a pretty big hole in the midrange. The 001 system with 130A and LE175DLH offers a much broader spectrum of sound and it has far more value even in just the individual components. Of course the cabinets have no real value. :no:

That being said, someone should give these a good home where they can be enjoyed. I've kept mine not only because one has been in my home since I was a little kid, but also because it offers me an insight into some interests of my father I never had a chance to discuss with him. They were also my gateway to JBL and hi-fi that has brought me so much enjoyment over the past 60-years. Mine are never leaving, instead I'm tossing the lousy crossover and adding LE175DLHs with Crown crossovers in a tri-amp system to give them the best chance of standing up to more modern JBLs. I look forward to hearing them in an environment where they can be compared to other JBLs, and enjoyed for what they are.
 
Last edited:
OTOH, the MCM guys fawn all over that sort of thing. The right local buyer could be very interested in the whole thing as it stands.

MCM? That's 60's yikes! MCM is actually quite slick and most of it holds up even in a new modern home. No... those things are abominations! :) I kid... but only a little! @Todd Dodds is probably right though, that someone will love them as they sit.

Mine are in more appropriate Apollo cabs but still a little hideous in there own way. Most of the other gear in the pics is long gone.

View attachment 1084432

Nothing hideous about those!
 
But they're obviously DIY. In the first post the Acousti-Craft label is clearly visible.

They are definitely NOT DIY--Acousti-Craft was a known builder of custom speaker cabinets. DIY is two guys in the garage with a couple saws, a sheet of plywood and a quart of stain.
 
As the owner of an 030 system, I can tell you the components are among the least valuable of JBL systems from that era. While the D130 is a wonderful driver when playing strings such as guitar or cello music, and even full orchestras, they are just not capable of enough low-end to create a true concert experience. The 075 gets, at best, mixed reviews and the two together leave a pretty big hole in the midrange. The 001 system with 130A and LE175DLH offers a much broader spectrum of sound and it has far more value even in just the individual components. Of course the cabinets have no real value. :no:.

Maybe, but he still has some pretty nice components that sound good and have some real value :thumbsup:
 
Maybe, but he still has some pretty nice components that sound good and have some real value :thumbsup:
Sorry, I left out the not before DIY.
My point is that these components play well together and should be enjoyed that way. There's not really that much else you can do with a D130, unless you play guitar. It's not a great woofer but what it does, it does very well. I'd be sad to see these parted out unless it was to bring someone else's system back to life.
 
Last edited:
Well, they aren't for EDM, but I bet some of my old jazz records would sound pretty amazing on them.
 
And thus we enter quandary. To maintain the original but lose financially, or to part them out for Max dollar. I guess the person who cares more for the gear would do what he could not to part it out. But we have both here. And everything in between!

I'm sitting on a pair of 3 ways with wicker dust covers. They aren't anything valuable, but they are cool, and thus I keep them, in blind hope of finding an appropriate cabinet. I was able to rescue them from a console I found. The rest just wasn't worth the space. They sound good open baffled, and that was with them leaning on a wall. Just saying where I stand on that platform, but the ultimate factor would be how they sounded and how they looked.

Edit: But those you have are quite cool and look well made.
 
I have a pair of these cabinets and several sets of speakers with the JBL 030 load. In my opinion these cabinets are too small for that setup, they sound much better in a bigger enclosure. Even in a less than ideal size I bet they still sound pretty good.
 
Back
Top Bottom