• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Speaker Id please

sax6

Loudness always ON
Hi all

I know these JBL are not top of the line but they would be my first JBL ever.

Can you ID these as the seller can't even know how to remove the front cover.

THX

Listening mainly to prog rock... would those be suitable ?
 

Attachments

  • JBL 1.jpg
    JBL 1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 33
  • JBL 2.jpg
    JBL 2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 32
Register to hide this ad
They look like LX500s or another model from that series. The grilles are held on the same way many speaker grills are - plastic pegs in rubber-lined holes. They should just pull straight off.

As far as how they'll be for prog rock, while I share your taste in music I've never heard this particular model, but I suspect they'd do fairly well - they have a version (probably not the best version) of JBL's titanium tweeter which I quite like. What speakers do you currently have?

ETA: Probably not the 500s, these have a grille crosspiece that is closer to the top, while the crosspiece on the 500's grilles is closer to the bottom.

The terminal plate on the back should have the model number.
 
Last edited:
This is what the seller provided me with

T6710 x00
74455
Looks like a serial number... no model number.

They are at about a 100 miles from me.

Have lots of speakers (Advent, Mirage, Rega, Celestion ) but no JBL
Thx
 
These aren't part of any classic line. You didn't ask, but I suspect that you have several speakers that are better than these JBLs, and IMO not worth the trip unless you're headed that way anyway.
 
Back
Top Bottom