• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JVC does not get much respect

in the year 1982- A-X55- the little brother of A-X77

ax55_01.jpg


ax55_02.jpg


best regards, jvc_graz
 
I saw a post by member (cubdog) that stated the best TV he owned was a 31' JVC.

Well, I bought this JVC AV-24F702 24' w/ original remote last week to replace my Philips (27PT563S37A) 27' for a few pennies from a local CL person.

Man, I gotta tell you that this little TV has the best picture I have ever seen in S-Video mode. It bests my 27' Sony WEGA (KV-27FS120), especially in viewing cartoons. It does not have many features, but makes up those in shear vibrancy & clarity.

JVC.jpg

Rome
 
Last edited:
Just purchased a JVC FX-1100 TOTL tuner. Had to drive almost 250 miles to get that puppy, but I'm glad I did. Even on a simple two wire antenna a very good reception and lots of gadgets to play around with. It might even be better than my Revox B-260S, but I don't dare to compare them...

xckef5.jpg
 
JVC Turntables

I have had a JVC QL-F4 turntable since 2008, and apart from a minor glitch when it slowed down on the 33 speed, which I'm happy to say was self corrected, the turntable has worked flawlessly since then.

Sonically, this is an amazing piece of not too expensive hifi.

It was the QL-F4 that got me looking at more JVC turntables, and I eventually bought a QL-Y66F in mint condition, with both tone arms.

The QL-Y66F is simply superb.

So I also got another "beat up" (the platter spins, but that's about it, nothing else seems to work and the corrosion is severe) QL-Y66F for an additional straight arm and original cartridge and stylus.

I put the original cart and stylus on the mint Y66F, and have not stopped spinning records since then.

This thing looks amazing and sounds amazing.:D

Needless to say, I am now always on the lookout for any JVC turntables I can find . . .

Cheers
 
.....when I think of JVC, I think about the two S-VHS VCRs I had in the '80s, and the boom box I bought in about '95 that had detachable speakers....honestly, that 18" x 30" JVC boom box was Cerwin-Vega low....I mean way down in that scarey stuff :music:.....
 
.....when I think of JVC, I think about the two S-VHS VCRs I had in the '80s, and the boom box I bought in about '95 that had detachable speakers....honestly, that 18" x 30" JVC boom box was Cerwin-Vega low....I mean way down in that scarey stuff :music:.....
I had one of their very first HiFi S-VHS recorders. That new HiFi technology was ahead of it's time, although you could heard the pumping of the sound. I don't recall the model # and I no longer have it. One of the minor little material things I wanted in my divorce at the time, but didn't happen. :no: You move on. :yes:
 
When I think JVC i think:
our old 27" from 1992 model AV2672S with programmable channel names, mts stereo, s-video. I once set the unused channels to curse words as a kid.

And in my 2nd system I currently run a JVC d.v.d. player as a cd spinner.

When i first discovered vintage audio I raided a tv shop who were selling some gear. picked up a JVC RS-11 smallish rcvr which sounded just fine...utilized discrete mosfets in the output stage.

sadly, I've read that JVC doesn't manufacture their own tv sets anymore. But then again few of 'em still do.
 
Most, well "all" of the hand held digital video recorders we have here at work are JVC, and they do an extremely good job. They get exposed to some pretty rough use as well:thmbsp:
 
JVC/VICTOR cd-4 (quadrofonic):

CD4.jpg

(TT-81, TT-801, CD4-10, 4DD-5, eq-7070, p-3030, m-3030, t-3030)

best regards, jvc_graz
 
Victor amp/speakers

Victor has my attention.i have my a-x1000 amp-simply stunning...my speakers zero-1000-simply stunning---i've had some excellent jvc gear over the years,regards peter.
 

Attachments

  • A-X1000_4.JPG
    A-X1000_4.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_2795-25 X 25.jpg
    100_2795-25 X 25.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 60
  • VICTOR ZERO-1000_SPECS.JPG
    VICTOR ZERO-1000_SPECS.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 29
  • VICTOR A-X1000 6DAYS TO GO_2.JPG
    VICTOR A-X1000 6DAYS TO GO_2.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 70
  • victor a-x1000.JPG
    victor a-x1000.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 37
I have a great affection for the '82-'84 vintage JVC products. :thmbsp:

I still use my QL-F300 turntable that I got in '84. It works perfectly and sounds great. It's never been in for repairs. Only problem is that the rubber feet dried up and fell off. I need to resolve that issue better than I currently am:scratch2:...
692_pict_big_jvc_ql_f300_b.jpg


My true love was a KD-D40 tape deck that I bought in '83. Great little deck and it looked really cool too: blue 5 band frequency display along with the vu meters. That deck made some stellar tapes through the years but the mechanism for the buttons finally gave out in about '93 and fixing it was less practical. I kind of wish now that I'd put the $$ into fixing it, but I didn't.
JVCKD-D40.jpg


Last but not least, I have an SEA-33 graphic eq that has done nothing but work the way it was supposed to since I got it in '83. As time has gone on and as my system(s) have improved, using an eq has become less and less necessary. But I recently plugged it in to see how it was still working, and frankly it sounds fine, even after all these years.
sea-33.jpg


My impression of the JVC gear that I was around at that point in time was that it was quality, attractive gear that appealed to a mid and upper mid market, making no excuses for excluding high end audiophiles. They didn't look cheesy, but arguably, they pushed the envelope with all of the glowing blue florescent displays. I thought they were cool though.

I have no illusions that even my era of JVC wasn't the best you could buy. But it's been very good to me and keeps on kicking - except for the tape deck which kind of breaks my heart. But I've grieved that loss... :D
 
Last edited:
Never had any vintage JVC gear. 2 XL M415 6+1 CD changers from about 1995. Both failed several years ago, sadly. They were a nice CD changer. Also had a TD-W315 casette deck. Works good but has a dubbing problem that was fixed once only to have it return again. I have 2 newer cassette decks (TD-W254 and 354) and they work great.

Also had 2 recievers, RX 664 and RX 7000. For newer equipment, they performed really well. I definitly like them better than pioneer stuff from that era.
 
Victor the magnificent

Victor at their best in a given class of component were simply the best...victor amplifier a-x1000...speakers zero-1000...speakers sx-511
 

Attachments

  • 100_3631.jpg
    100_3631.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_3628.jpg
    100_3628.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_3635.jpg
    100_3635.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_3633.jpg
    100_3633.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_3625.jpg
    100_3625.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 44
The only piece of JVC gear I have ever owned is an R-X1 AM-FM Stereo Receiver I picked up at a thrift shop or yard sale about ten years ago. It's only in the 25-35 watt-per-channel range I'd guess. Brushed silvery front with wood-grained metal case. The only inputs are Phono, Tape One, and Tape Two. There are line-outs for one of the tape decks. The front panel is only about 3 1/2 inches or so tall. It's pretty heavy for its size, but looks awfully compact compared to a lot of other amps and receivers. Lotsa knobs, and few push buttons. I really don't know when they made it. It just works like a little champ. Not a thing wrong with it. I'm getting ready to thin out some of my spare equipment stash, but not it. It's the perennial little dependable spare backup (or spare room) receiver. Essential.
 
hbucker, I own that same KD-D40 deck. I found it at a Goodwill, and I am most impressed with it. Very clean-sounding, and I did use it to make cassette copies of the entire Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 soundtracks with excellent results. I also enjoy the FL display in combination with the backlit face; very neat in a darkened room! It is currently living with my Yamaha CR-420 receiver next to my PC as a way to record computer sources onto cassette.
 
Back
Top Bottom