• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JVC RX question

Register to hide this ad
There is an R-X315TN from 1995 listed in Orion. 105 wpc, MSRP $259.
No 317 listed. IMO, 105 wpc for $259 doesn't bode well, and I'm generally prone to like JVC.
OTOH, it may sound OK.
 
I have an rx 315 that I bought new back in the mid 90’s. It was advertised as “105 watts” but is in fact ~52 wpc. It is a fine receiver imo other than the marketing bullshit about watts. It has worked flawlessly since and is still in use.

yes I know this is a very old thread just wanted to clarify this misinformation.
 
Back
Top Bottom