Just noticed i started this thread in 2017, 3 years ago.
It does feel like it was yesterday. Time flies...i can't believe it
Recap of first speaker completed.
Using the falcon acoustics cap kit, restoring to original specs.
I did redo the protection circuit while i was at it.
I used some caps i had at hand, probably overkill for the job
Some cleaning to do on the board, but the soldering and board are both ok.
Still working on my soldering skills.
as soon as i get to reassemble the first speaker i will do an AB test.
There was distortion at high volume when driving this speaker, and the protection circuit was kicking in (which appeared to be introducing the distortion so far as i could tell).


It does feel like it was yesterday. Time flies...i can't believe it
Recap of first speaker completed.
Using the falcon acoustics cap kit, restoring to original specs.
I did redo the protection circuit while i was at it.
I used some caps i had at hand, probably overkill for the job
Some cleaning to do on the board, but the soldering and board are both ok.
Still working on my soldering skills.
as soon as i get to reassemble the first speaker i will do an AB test.
There was distortion at high volume when driving this speaker, and the protection circuit was kicking in (which appeared to be introducing the distortion so far as i could tell).


Last edited: