• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kensonic/Accuphase owners show your stuff.

I don't know but I'm akeen to think that probably you are right @FauxHall...

Cheers,

T

As best I can guess, the prefix code for the amps is:

"E" is for integrated amps
"C" is for analog pre-amps
"DC" is for digital pre-amps
"M" is monobloc power amps (Class A/B?)
"P" is Class A/B power amps
"A" is for Class A power amps​

But the suffix codes remain obscure.
 
My recently bought (2nd Hand) Accuphase E-560 - with optional AD-50 and DAC-50 cards - temporary installation, because of a larger format than my usual Audio gear :

HUTTNb-P1150242.jpg


T

I'm reading in some places that Accuphase aims for a deliberate "euphonic" house sound. How do you find it compared to the Sony house sound? I know the Sony house sound for the better gear and admire it greatly.

I'm thinking of replacing a modern Sony TA-A1ES (80wpc) with an Accuphase that has two balanced inputs. An E-350 integrated might work or a 4 or 5 series if I can find one at a reasonable price. The USD to Euro exchange rate works in my favor and perhaps Class A amps might be discounted further since electricity prices in Europe and the UK are getting very high this winter. A new Yamaha is another option (A-S3200.)
 
The brand Accuphase and it's Kenwood / Kensonic history intrigued me for a few years now. I already had a taste of Accuphase with my Kenwood L-1000C pre-amp. That pre-amp sounds great, but has the looks of a melted turd :dunno:

So yesterday I bit the bullit and drove off to Germany. After a 3,5 hours drive I was able to pick up my very first Accuphase component, a C-222 pre-amp.

I met with this very kind seller who sold this pre-amp to finance his upgrade pre-amp, a C-270. It really looks like new and sounded great with his M-360 power amp and the enormous Kappa 9's he had standing in his living room.
After the ride home I hooked it to my fully restored Yamaha B-2 V-FET power amp driving a humble set of Sony APM-22ES's. And man, what can I say, this pre-amp makes sweet music :music: I have never heard this kind of detail and channel separation before. I hear guitar snare sounds I never heard before. Truly amazing.

Also the MC phono stage / head amp is amazing. The Denon DL-103R really likes the 100 Ohm setting. It really came to life.

Really a few steps up over the Kenwood L-1000C.

Definitely a keeper, this Accuphase C-222! Makes me wonder how it will sound with a matching power amp like a P-266, P-400, P-300X or P-300L :naughty:

Ofcourse this fine Accuphase needs a full resto in the end.

IMG_3241.JPEG

IMG_3243.JPEG

IMG_3242.JPEG

IMG_3236.JPEG

IMG_3249.JPEG

IMG_3250.JPEG

IMG_3251.JPEG
 
For the moment, my venturing in the Accuphase brand is a model E-560 integrated amplifier,

DYTTNb-deballage-E-560.jpg


It came with an AD-50 Phono card for one back chassis slot, and I added a DAC-50 Converter card for the other slot, in order to be "full options" :

upload_2023-4-5_13-58-16.png

22092209464125019418004689.jpg


HUTTNb-P1150238.jpg


A 2x30W Class A operation unit... Maybe I'll complement it by a E-280 brother one day... ;)

T
 
The Accuphase P-20 has a new friend.
The Accuphase E-302B.

I was looking for a preamp when this came up for sale. It sounds really nice. Big, big soundstage and exceptionally musical. Sweet sounding.

Unfortunately the damping factor is much to high for my speakers (Altec 604 8G) and bass response was, as expected, missing in action.

So it's now paired up using the preamp section only to the wonderful dual mono P-20 that has an adjustable damping factor which is set to 1. That's not a typo. The damping factor is set to 1.

Magical.

PXL_20231011_194625799.jpgPXL_20231011_194854136.jpg
 
I have E-203 and P-266 where both units was defective.
Really happy about them.
Looking to get a C-222 , C-202 or maby C-240
 

Attachments

  • Polish_20230817_230309739.jpg
    Polish_20230817_230309739.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 4
I just have an entry-level Accuphase E-212 but I hope it outlasts me. Might consider replacing it with a Class A model but suspect it would not be in my budget.
This one does everything I need it to do, and looks great IMO! (PS - old pic, I've moved the speaker cables so you can't see them sticking up any longer).
These Accuphase units are so beautiful and built like a tank.
Only rival I've had to it is Leben, as far as looks and build quality.

1713877467048.png
 
Back
Top Bottom