• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood: Rare and MASSIVE speaker score

You've had those tubes and altecs for quite a while, in the basement.

REMEMBER???

:rolleyes:

ROTF.. I wished.. she knows what's down there and is after me to get some sold.. having a garage sale the first weekend of October, but figured I'd give the guys that come to the East Coast Meet a stab at what I'm selling first.. I keep thinking CL, but that's like work...

I do have a lotta tubes around here now.. just nothing that's useful in a home stereo system.. I do keep watching for Altecs though.. she understands if I find a pair..
 
DUDE you ROCK!!!!!!!:thmbsp::yes::thmbsp::yes::thmbsp::yes::thmbsp:

Not as often as I would like.. I try and respect the wife...

I just found a pair of the same things yesterday for sale, on CL.. only they were the 7D's.. the saame thing, only two of the 12".... They would have fit nicely just to the ceiling on top of these... but they wanted $350.... and I knew better.. I'm saving the next disagreement for the Altecs I'll some day stmble on.. :thmbsp:
 
The few Kenwood speakers I run into,I look the other way.I had no idea they made speakers that look like yours.
Glad the Mrs. is understanding,Hope your Neighbors are?~
(Whats the distance you have them apart from each other?)
 
The few Kenwood speakers I run into,I look the other way.I had no idea they made speakers that look like yours.
Glad the Mrs. is understanding,Hope your Neighbors are?~
(Whats the distance you have them apart from each other?)

Seems the neighbors never hear it, or at least if they do, they say they can't. I aksed the guy across the street if my music ever botherd them. Said he's never hear it.. HUH???

I've got about 15' between them... the stereo seperation on them is fantastic.. I love listening to song that have a lot of different things goin on in each channel... Movies are pretty damn cool on them :thmbsp:
 
Hmmm,never saw them bad boys before,they look kick ass & like something i'd be proud to have,one question though.

Where are the grills? i see the inserts for the grill pegs but no grills.
 
Hmmm,never saw them bad boys before,they look kick ass & like something i'd be proud to have,one question though.

Where are the grills? i see the inserts for the grill pegs but no grills.

The grills are in the basement... A black mesh, that isn't see through at all.. I had put them on, but the wife didn't like them.. (neither did I, but was trying to make them not look so conspicious for her) but she said they looked too good to cover up... YEAH BABE!!!! I'M GONNA KEEP YOU!!! :)
 
"Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent :yes:

Pretty cool lookin' set-up there Bud.

Strangle Hold is great on them, as is The Cars, Moving in Stereo.. and love StarKillers when it starts moving back and forth really fast in the middle of the song..


Pretty great sounding setup too...I have a feeling tonight I'm gonna have to stretch the surrounds out a little bit :)
 
The grills are in the basement... A black mesh, that isn't see through at all.. I had put them on, but the wife didn't like them.. (neither did I, but was trying to make them not look so conspicious for her) but she said they looked too good to cover up... YEAH BABE!!!! I'M GONNA KEEP YOU!!! :)

I'd still like to see a pic of them bad hombre's with the grills on,just for my own curosity, plus so i know what im seeing if i happen to stumble on a pair.:yes:
 
I'd still like to see a pic of them bad hombre's with the grills on,just for my own curosity, plus so i know what im seeing if i happen to stumble on a pair.:yes:

I'll have to drag them up for you.. the grill only covers the 12"s... just black cloth... you can still see the horns and ports.. but I think they look pretty ugly with the grills on..
 
I'd agree...she's a keeper! Those speakers are anything but inconspicuous!

I knew when I married her she was a keeper.. or I wouldn't have done it.. I just love when she re-enforces what I already know with actual taste (or at least tastes that match mine)

and yeah.. they are pretty much in your face kinda speakers when you walk into our livingroom... :thmbsp:
 
On borrowed time... And that goes for everyone else who lives on his block, now. Those speakers are the shiznit!:thmbsp:

LOL.. well.. I don't push them near what they would take.. ok.. well..on very rare occasions, like myabe this evening since my wife is going out for a long shopping night :)... I just can't rave about these things enough though.. amazing at what Kenwood has built here.. I never knew they had it in them...

The last Saturday of this month a few people from here will get to check them out.. I'll just wait and let them post their thoughts about them... I have a feeling they are gonna be floored for the first time ever by Kenwood speakers..
 
Night club speaks...nice.

That's what I was thinking, too. Looks like a PA stack all ready for a rock show at Madison Square Gardens. Must be nice.

Wow, hope your room is H-U-G-E!

And kudos to the wife for deciding to like them. That woman is one-of-a-kind special.
 
That's what I was thinking, too. Looks like a PA stack all ready for a rock show at Madison Square Gardens. Must be nice.

Wow, hope your room is H-U-G-E!

And kudos to the wife for deciding to like them. Tha woman is one-of-a-kind special.

I wouldn't say huge.. its about 14 x 21 or so.. .never really measured it... It's nice to be able to fill it with a lotta sound :)
 
Back
Top Bottom