• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kid aker's system's

audiobiker

Learning...
Subscriber
I am 16 and i just got into this hobby a few months ago. I want to see all of the people who are under the age of 19's systems. I never seem to find any one my age on here.

My Current System is:
Yamaha CR-420 (soon to be CR-1020 when i get it fixed:D)
Yamaha GE-3 graphic equalizer
Pioneer DT-510 Timer
Kenwood DP-57 CD Player
Sansui SP-2000 on top and
Yamaha NS-A99 on the bottom

The Sansui's and Yamaha's even out the sound cuz the sansui's are bright but with little bass, and the yamaha's are not bright at all, in fact you can barely hear anything but the booming bass. I love this setup and can't wait to get my CR-1020 working! Anyways People 18 years and younger, post your systems! And remember: :worthless
 

Attachments

  • P1100148.jpg
    P1100148.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 354
  • P1100146.jpg
    P1100146.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 209
  • P1100149.jpg
    P1100149.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 334
Register to hide this ad
Lots o' nice stuff there. I think I can remember being 16, such a long time ago.
I certainly did not have that much gear.

Rome
 
Last edited:
lol i have even more than that. i have ads up all over bellingham and on cl saying that i want old gear and i have gotten a lot! i havent even spent $150 on all the stuff that you can see in the pics. i have spent about $275 on everything i have ever gotten and i have made back about $100 it is a fun business and hobby. I go through a lot of gear :D
 
This is my system as of November 2011
I was 17 at the time.
DSC_1060.jpg

like the blue speaker cloth and amp faceplate :thmbsp: its cool to have some people around my age closeish to me :thmbsp: also, where did you get that poster above your stereo? i think i have seen one somewhere.
 
like the blue speaker cloth and amp faceplate :thmbsp: its cool to have some people around my age closeish to me :thmbsp: also, where did you get that poster above your stereo? i think i have seen one somewhere.

If you pay close attention, there are actually plenty of guys ±3 years of your age. :thmbsp:

The poster is a Maxell, but it's been trimmed to fit my wall better.
 
Nice system you've got!

For most of my audio system, see sig. I turned 20 a couple months ago, I've had all that gear since I was 18/19 and before. Got a lot more gear sittin around.
 
I'm envy of your guys. At 16, the only thing I had was a cheap Ampex AM/FM radio and BSR turntable with ceramic cartridge that I got for Christmas at Sears.
 
I can't say what I was doing a 16. And I can't say why I can't say.
Enjoy your system!

cubdog
 
Nice lot of gear you have. When I was 16 I had an 8 track system that dad and I picked up at a southern CA swap meet. The speakers were big and sounded loud (not sure about good, but loud), enough to piss off my dads girlfriend. I also had a little portable 8 track player that I took to school, I was cool. Remember though, it IS all about the music. :music: :)
 
Nice stuff there, audiobiker. What kind of mountain bike is that in your avatar? I'm 51 and I just restored/upgraded a mid 90's Kona Hahanna to ride around town and maybe ride some trails with. The kids around here are like "Look at that old fat guy riding that mountain bike."...lol.
 
way way way back when I was 16 I was taking my monthly paycheck from working around the base up to the BX and would buy myself a new piece of Pioneer, or Sansui, or Kenwood gear... By the time I was 17 I had a system that made a lot of the GI's green with envy.. and I'd even buy a used piece from one of them every now and then, or sell them a piece off mine so I could go get something else new..

I have none of that stuff left, but I do have a few pieces that are the same brand and model as I had back then.

Me and my brother were always competing to see who could have the better sounding stereo.. We were also not the norm of most kids on the base. Most of them were fine buying a really nice boom box... I had one of those too, but it just wasn't loud enough...
 
If you pay close attention, there are actually plenty of guys ±3 years of your age. :thmbsp:

The poster is a Maxell, but it's been trimmed to fit my wall better.

Yah i have found a few. i love the fact that people my age are getting involved with vintage gear :thmbsp:

Nice lot of gear you have. When I was 16 I had an 8 track system that dad and I picked up at a southern CA swap meet. The speakers were big and sounded loud (not sure about good, but loud), enough to piss off my dads girlfriend. I also had a little portable 8 track player that I took to school, I was cool. Remember though, it IS all about the music. :music: :)

Thanks, My parents get pretty annoyed and my mom is starting to get scared that i am not gonna have much space left in my room cuz i am getting so much new stuff. i just picked up an ADC Sound Shaper twenty equalizer with the manual for $25 and am gonna be getting some more stuff soon :D

I just updated my system so here are some new pics of my room, and some other gear:
 

Attachments

  • P1100151.jpg
    P1100151.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 89
  • P1100152.jpg
    P1100152.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 67
  • P1100154.jpg
    P1100154.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 59
  • P1100155.jpg
    P1100155.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 70
Nice stuff there, audiobiker. What kind of mountain bike is that in your avatar? I'm 51 and I just restored/upgraded a mid 90's Kona Hahanna to ride around town and maybe ride some trails with. The kids around here are like "Look at that old fat guy riding that mountain bike."...lol.

lol bellingham is a biking community, because everyone in bellingham is either a fish squezer, tree hugger, hippy, or lawer, and if you arent any of those you arent normal :D i am none of them so therefore i fit into the "not Normal" category. but who cares, especially since i have a nice stereo and good music to listen to :D The bike is an 05 specialized bighit with a marzocchi shiver inverted double crown fork. it isnt mine it is one of my friends on the biking forum i am a member of. i want one though :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom