
Yes. I ordered some of his compound. For this pair of 6s, I used what remained of some compound ordered from Vintage AR when they were selling on Ebay. The stuff coming from Roy will be used on a pair of Model 20s mentioned earlier in this thread and a pair of Optimus 1s I am working on.Were you able to get ahold of RoyC?
Is that doping compound still available anywhere? I've been looking for some for a while now.Here are photos of the switch plate screwed back on. I used Mortite as a sealer. There are also photos of a patch I made on the woofer cone (front and back), and the first coat of Vintage AR doping compound. I am going to be out of town for a few days and will do another coat when I get back.
View attachment 3729854 View attachment 3729855
View attachment 3729856 View attachment 3729858
Sorry for the dupe post, but I can't find this stuff anywhere.Use RoyC's (previously VintageAR) Magic Butyl Sauce and NOTHING else for KLH and AR skivers. Yes, I've used Auquaplas. Maybe it's THE thing for JBL and Altec stuff but RoyC's stuff is THE thing for your KLH Model 20s. Seriously.
I have one of those. I posted my thread how I repaired it while keeping the grill cloth, woofer etc intact. wasn't too hard and sounds amazing.Only ever seen the banana pudding in a model 6.
It really becomes fun when you've got one with an original woofer built into the motorboard, then you have to go in thru the square hole. I still have scars.
I followed that thread and did the same. Unscientific opinion - but I think doing that way kept the eventual outcome more coherent sounding. The one part that was tricky was stripping the red wire that is soldered to the tweeter with only one hand. I solved it using a helping had tool and an Knoweasy wire stripperI have one of those. I posted my thread how I repaired it while keeping the grill cloth, woofer etc intact. wasn't too hard and sounds amazing.



I was able to keep the original cloth intact.The linen and grill cloth have too much bulk to not affect the response. It's really a shame when you must cut it. The linen can be replaced and the grill cloth can sometimes be salvaged or scavenged from other models...