• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch heresy

I've heard Heresy Is powered by tubes (decent, but not great), Heresy IIs with modifications (titanium diaphragms and crossover recap) and a subwoofer powered by tubes (better than the Heresy Is, but still lacking), and Heresy III clones (my Heresy Xs) with a subwoofer and powered by tubes. The Heresy III clones won hands down and I sold my Heresy IIs. I've been tempted to trick out the ALK Cornscala-Wall crossover even more a la SET12's Fortes, but can't justify the expense right now.

-D

I've read that too. But then people will say I's and the only Heresey etc etc. For every lover there will be an equally passionate hater.

That's what I like about this forum. There are lots of people who actually own and listen to the items discussed. Vs many forums which just parrot things.
 
I've read that too. But then people will say I's and the only Heresey etc etc. For every lover there will be an equally passionate hater.

That's what I like about this forum. There are lots of people who actually own and listen to the items discussed. Vs many forums which just parrot things.

I'm just going by my personal listening experiences.

However, I do think Heresy III components in a Heresy I cabinet (with new motor board, of course) is a match made in heaven.

-D
 
I'm just going by my personal listening experiences.

However, I do think Heresy III components in a Heresy I cabinet (with new motor board, of course) is a match made in heaven.

-D

Hmmm I will probably need to rebuild or replace the crossovers. So I am interested how many agree. I was looking at the famous crossover page and wondering what I should get.

I havent even run my Heresys thru the paces yet. I heard them at the sellers house. Anyway I assume the crossovers are shot since they appear original.
 
No speaker ever built could possibly please all ears that is a given,the very reason why there are so many choices. Because of that the only true test of any speakers specifications should be previewed by the person interested in purchasing them.

The other option is making sawdust building their own.
 
No speaker ever built could possibly please all ears that is a given,the very reason why there are so many choices. Because of that the only true test of any speakers specifications should be previewed by the person interested in purchasing them.

The other option is making sawdust building their own.
:boring::butt1:
 
Anyway I assume the crossovers are shot since they appear original.

Why not give them an extended listening session first, let us know what you think. Then after rebuilding the crossover give them another extended listening session and report back on the changes, positive or negative.
 
Why not give them an extended listening session first, let us know what you think. Then after rebuilding the crossover give them another extended listening session and report back on the changes, positive or negative.

Good idea just don't use a big amp and crank them too loud. Old caps that have gone out of specs will kill a diaphragm in a tweeter fast.
 
Hmmm I will probably need to rebuild or replace the crossovers. So I am interested how many agree. I was looking at the famous crossover page and wondering what I should get.

I havent even run my Heresys thru the paces yet. I heard them at the sellers house. Anyway I assume the crossovers are shot since they appear original.

Listen to them and see what you think. You may like some aspects and dislike others. Some people don't mind the bass-shy aspects of the Heresy line, whereas others think a Heresy without a subwoofer is like a tuna fish sandwich without pickles and mayo. After you get a good feel for your speakers, you can consider what modifications (if any) you want to do. However, in the near term, you definitely should recap the crossover as the 30+ year-old caps are not doing you any favors.

-D
 
Refinishing mine
heresey01.jpg
 
Final coat. Went darker as I do not like the orangey walnut they were. Also went lacquer. Have not even sound tested these yet. I think before I redo the black I will test for sound while the walnut dries. The were pretty stained up when I got them. The veneer will not last another refin. I was tempted to re veneer in something pretty but I am already doing things backwards refinishing before I know they'll stick around.

heresey02.jpg


I
 
Back
Top Bottom