• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch in Flint $1000

Register to hide this ad
I don't know squat about Klipsch except what I read on this site - Is this a good deal - No affiliation - can't afford them, just curious.
 
Flint, if it's Flint, MI, has no jobs anymore.

You can be nice and give the guy what he wants, or take advantage of his situation and bargain him down.

Depends on what kind of a person you are. Looks like a huge speaker, and while some of these older Klipsch have killer sound, it looks way to big for my wife to let me bring inside.
 
Maybe that's why he wants to get rid of 'em. When he plugs his turntable into them, nothing comes out.

That would be true if here were tryig to do that. I think these have all the same components as the Klipshorns just in a different box.
 
I think he's looking at the crossover board and interpreting it as a on-board amplifier. I have La Scalas, and these look just like mine (although in a different finish.)

I paid less, though I had to put in new tweeters. $1000 sounds fair if they're in good condition cosmetically and if all the drivers are working. Fair, but no score.
 
That would be true if here were tryig to do that. I think these have all the same components as the Klipshorns just in a different box.

These are bog-standard LaScalas (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). If they're in good shape, $1k is certainly a reasonable price. On the other hand, I saw a pair on CL in Seattle recently that went for $500 (which was a steal).

Spartanmanor is correct - they use more-or-less the same drivers (tweeter, squawker, woofer) as the K-horn, but are tuned differently. However, like the K-horn, they are also fully horn-loaded.

-D
 
LaScalas... $1000 is a bit high for today's market, but shipping is a big part of it, so perhaps a deal for someone local. I agree with SM that he must be confusing the crossovers for amps.

When I found my LaScalas, they were decommissioned from a church organ and each actually did have a 100W SS amp mounted inside. Paid $100 for the pair, flipped the amps for $200... I still consider it my best score ever.
 
LaScalas... $1000 is a bit high for today's market, but shipping is a big part of it, so perhaps a deal for someone local. I agree with SM that he must be confusing the crossovers for amps.

When I found my LaScalas, they were decommissioned from a church organ and each actually did have a 100W SS amp mounted inside. Paid $100 for the pair, flipped the amps for $200... I still consider it my best score ever.

I'd hate you, except I picked up a pair of Heresy 250A Industrials for $120 a while back...

No...I still hate you for getting paid $100 to take a pair of LaScalas.
 
These are bog-standard LaScalas (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). If they're in good shape, $1k is certainly a reasonable price. On the other hand, I saw a pair on CL in Seattle recently that went for $500 (which was a steal).

Spartanmanor is correct - they use more-or-less the same drivers (tweeter, squawker, woofer) as the K-horn, but are tuned differently. However, like the K-horn, they are also fully horn-loaded.

-D

Yes the ones in Seattle are in good shape. They have their share of minor bumps and bruises, but the asking price of 500.00 was a no brainer for me. I was actually able to get them for 400.00, and as fast as the seller said yes to my offer, I probably could have paid less for them, but still a great price. May I ask what "Bog" means? I am not familiar with this klipsch terminology.
 
Back
Top Bottom