• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch RP-600m Speakers On Sale

I haven't heard the Klipsch speakers in question but I do own the Elac 2.0 B6.2 speakers. Those Elacs were the thing that really got me into the whole hi-fi bug. I hadn't upgraded any gear for many years before I bought those things and they made everything sound tons better than what I had known. Since getting the Elacs though I've bought a few other sets of speakers and I'll say that compared to some others (admittedly more expensive) that though those speakers are really even sounding, forgiving and sound decent for lots of different kinds of music (even lesser than great recordings), they seem to lack some of the detail in the high end that other have. I have to wonder of the Klipsch speakers have more of that kind of detail...
 
Last edited:
I am seriously thinking about replacing my L810s with these in a bedroom environment, and I hear they play nice with tubes. Have you anything to report regarding the contrast between the ADS and the Klipsch?

My post #12 pretty much sums it up. Not a major difference but enough for me to make a change. And for another opinion from someone else you do not know, my buddy agrees and was waiting to swap back.

Edit: they where tried with all the amps in my sig. including an Allo Volt +D. To me they were just a little better at everything. The ADS’s have been restored.
 
Last edited:
I haven't heard the Klipsch speakers in question but I do own the Elac 2.0 B6.2 speakers. Those Elacs were the thing that really got me into the whole hi-fi bug. I hadn't upgraded any gear for many years before I bout those things and they made everything sound tons better than what I had known. Since getting those things though I've bought a few other sets of speakers and I'll say that compared to some others (admittedly more expensive) that though those speakers are really even sounding, forging and sound decent for lots of different kinds of music (even lesser than great recordings), they seem to lack some of the detail in the high end that other have. I have to wonder of the Klipsch speakers have more of that kind of detail...

The guy I borrowed from has those, he prefers the 600’s in his space. I have not heard the Elac’s so really can’t comment other than third hand.
 
I haven't heard the Klipsch speakers in question but I do own the Elac 2.0 B6.2 speakers. Those Elacs were the thing that really got me into the whole hi-fi bug. I hadn't upgraded any gear for many years before I bought those things and they made everything sound tons better than what I had known. Since getting the Elacs though I've bought a few other sets of speakers and I'll say that compared to some others (admittedly more expensive) that though those speakers are really even sounding, forgiving and sound decent for lots of different kinds of music (even lesser than great recordings), they seem to lack some of the detail in the high end that other have. I have to wonder of the Klipsch speakers have more of that kind of detail...

FWIW, I have been listening to the ELAC B6.2 since they came out. I had absolutely no issues with them.

Having said that, they were recently replaced by the Klipsch RP-600m. The Klipsch just do almost everything just a little better (at twice the price, so they should).

The ELACs may image better, but the Klipsch have more detail. I'm using a very budget friendly Yamaha A-S301 to drive them in a bad room (a bedroom). They deserve better.

I played the Klipsch in the system in my signature and they sounded freakin' fantastic. No imaging problems there. The Klipsch scale up with the rest of the gear and just sound better. I could live with them as my main speakers.
 
There was a lot of good Customer Reviews on the RP-600M at the Crutchfield site.
There must be something about the RP-600Ms. No doubt.. :)
YOU TUBE reviews too.
I, too, had to get a pair.
Might be sold out soon.
Lots of the Crutchfield reviews was within the past months.
Still going strong from /when Steve Guttenberg first reviewed them.

ETA is Saturday.. Can't wait to get it..
Bad part.. :(
Got UFC at Fight Island, on Saturday , too..
mmm....
Klipsch RP-600M or UFC on ESPN+ ;)
Just added:
I bought the RP-600M on sale.
Sale ends on 10-17-2020 :eek:
 
Last edited:
Man, I've got upgrade-itis. I just now nearly pulled the trigger on some Q Acoustics 3020i. Nice Prime price, and the discerning WhatHiFi loves them. Those Klipsch though....
 
USPS "Out for Delivery" Tracking Status just received.
Ordered Monday Night. 3 Day Air ( Free Shipping)..

From what I gathered watching the Video Reviews,

Thomas' experience with the 600Ms, ( in his experience and ways of listening/reviewing Audio)
he felt the RP-600Ms , after "Breaking In" , sounded better to him.
He felt Breaking in was needed/helped.
I going back to watch it again.
I going look for the part about using high Power Amplifiers with the 600M's.
I think I heard, somewhere, although not needed, high Power Amps bring them to another level.
And, Placement. " Toe in " was mentioned as needed.
Ron of New Record Day pointed out that these 600M's use a WAVE GUIDE.
not a HORN.

Thanks for viewing.
Alton T. < Waiting by the Mail Box. :)

<><><><><><>
Just added on Saturday 10/17/20
Hooked up the RP-600Ms to my YAMAHA A-S801 Amplifier.
Listened to AKANE MATSUMOTO's - MY DEAR

This Speaker does have "Deep Bass".
Like Thomas said that his friends thought, there was a SubWoofer.
I could "Hear/feel" slight Subwoofer characteristics.
The Highs...
Ron said he noticed high noise levels..
Listening to MY DEAR, I could hear a constant hsssssss.
but, without the h.. More like a ssssssssssss.
LIstening good, it was the drummer hitting his cymbal lightly/consitistantly, and, the cymbal seem to have a lot of sustain, so, that was the ssssssssss sound.
At/about the 3 minute mark into the song " MY DEAR " , the drummer stops hitting the cymbal, and, that sssss sound is gone.
Nice and silent in the high frequencies, after that. ( No sssssss sound).
Then, about 3:30 , the drummer starts to hit the cymbals again, and, the ssssss can be heard again.
I am not sure if this is the problem ( or cause of ) Ron mentioned.
I notice that too, when drummers use the Brushes on the Snare Drums.
Those are the only times I hear those high frequency ssssssss sound.

Overall, the 600M has the sound I like, out of the box.
I did not need to use too much/as much of the tone controls on the YAMAHA.

Something important that I read somewhere, and, agree.
Adjust/turn the tone controls just a little bit at a time and listen to the changes.
It's so easy to rotate the knobs too much, or, more that was needed to hear that subtle change that you were trying to get.

I am disappointed ( But not disrespecting) that the KLISCH RP-600M sounds better than my
JBL 4312 and Polk Audio RT-iA9's... I love those speakers, too. Feels like I let them down.
:(

Below is a link to the song "MY DEAR"
I listen to this every morning, drinking coffee in my THE AUDIOPHILIAC DAILY SHOW mug.
Good Vibrations to start the day with..

Alton T. :)

 
Last edited:
I have the 600s and rotate them with Elac uni-fi UB5s. 600s have a slightly bigger sound with a slightly recessed midrange. Really nice and smooth. The UB5s are midrange forward. Bass on both is comparable with the UB5 slightly more defined. The UB5s image a bit better. The 600s need good positioning. I like the UB5 just a bit better but the 600s are pretty darn good too.
 
Probably has nothing to do with this, I picked up some R610F’s really cheap last weekend. I was picking up some Tangents on the cheap for the complete Heresy II parts lot they are loaded with. The seller had these very smart looking towers for $100, so why not.
I get them hooked up in the shop and was really surprised how good they sound. So surprised I moved them upstairs in the barn. These sound way better than the price reflects, they are detailed, smooth, and go very low with some authority. I could live with these for sure.
808E9CE9-9C38-46F0-936D-04D603060566.jpeg
 
RP-600Ms in the house! These are what the misses wanted to round out her system. Order them in black, please. Done.

Very little time on them so far, but I sure like what I hear. That one-day sale was something . . . :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4275 (003).jpg
    IMG_4275 (003).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 20
I have their little brothers, RP 150-M's. The tec may appear gimmicky like some of their speakers of the past, but it is not! Hands down the best bookshelf speakers "I've" ever had. Even the smaller version has impressive bass. Zero distortion from the tractrix cone design and the imaging is great. If I weren't already speaker poor I would have to jump on a pair of these.
 
Back
Top Bottom