• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Leben. Thinking something drastic here.

I have a Leben CS-300 which I absolutely love. It's a terrific sounding piece of gear. I actually use it to drive headphones, mostly, since the headphone out is derived from the same output transformer as the speaker taps (using a secondary 32 ohm winding). It sounds terrific - a basically neutral and yet very organic sound.

DSC02479.jpg


Bedside rig - driving Sony MDR-R10's.
 
Oh man...Skylab you have a very impressive stash of gear. I seem to remember a beautiful Denon TT as well, correct?
 
Leben,Harbeth,blah,blah,blah :blah:. Get you one of these and your problems solved,no matter where ya go.You can even hook up a pair of your fancy high falootin Harbeths to it.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2513.jpg
    DSCN2513.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 66
Does that thing really have speaker outs? It would make a fun comparison..bring it over if I get the Leben! Promise?
 
Yep,it's got inputs for aux and phono and even an external antenna.I'll bring the boombox you bring the cardboard.
 
Sorry for high-jacking your thread John but I just posted some more pics of it in vintage solid state I've been doing some pretty cool mods to it.I'll stop now:D
 
Sorry for high-jacking your thread John but I just posted some more pics of it in vintage solid state I've been doing some pretty cool mods to it.I'll stop now:D

Well, I've already started to save for the Leben so this thread is free to go where it goes as far as I'm concerned. As long as we don't talk about Pink Floyd. I love 'em, but the recent overload was even too much for me.
 
Well, I've already started to save for the Leben so this thread is free to go where it goes as far as I'm concerned. As long as we don't talk about Pink Floyd. I love 'em, but the recent overload was even too much for me.

Do you think Pink Floyd would sound even FLOYDIER on a Leben Integrated? :scratch2:
 
:thmbsp::yes:

Weren't you into Luxman tube gear for about 5 minutes? The Leben gear is from the guy who used to design their tube gear (thanks Watt....I did find that mentioned, too, elsewhere...neat). I also read that the company builds transformers, etc, and that the audio division is a work of love from the designer, because he likes to do it. The gear is hand built, point to point wiring.
 
Seems like there is enough interest - I'll talk to Charlie and make tentative arrangements for a morning on the town at their stereo showroom, and bookend a visit to our vintage stereo museum at the back end. :thmbsp:
 
Seems like there is enough interest - I'll talk to Charlie and make tentative arrangements for a morning on the town at their stereo showroom, and bookend a visit to our vintage stereo museum at the back end. :thmbsp:

Sounds like fun. I'm not sure when it would work for everybody but I'd love to head down and listen to stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom