• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

LEE MORGAN DOCUMENTARY

Register to hide this ad
Tragic story, that's for sure.

Does Jeremy Pelt really think he sounds like Lee Morgan? Ptomaine...
 
All the youtube links appear to have paywalls (?) behind them...more than happy to pay, but not some mysterious youtuber.
Lee Morgan is still one of my all time favorites, and I was so saddened by his murder.
His last album was such an intriguing hint of where he was headed.
I studied trumpet for a year or two at a south philly music school in the late 60s largely due to his (and Woody Shaw's, and Mongo Santamaria, and, and...) influences.
As I recall, my instructor characterized me as being 'talented, but lazy' - I got as far as mastering triple tonguing and approached quadruple before other interests (60's center city Philly was wild) and college took me away from it.
I sure hope this film becomes more generally available soon.
Thanks for the tip!!
 
Back
Top Bottom