• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let’s see your audio related T Shirts

The store where I worked had t-shirts made in dark blue and beige. I wore them in the summer months at work. Don’t see many shirts from a single outlet stereo store. This one obviously with funding from Luxman is from the late 70s when the R-1040, 1050, 1070 and 1120 receivers were on our shelves and the LRS gear was in the sound room. A customer give away and a salesman perk. Pic of just the front of a nicely worn shirt. The beige ones looked good when new.

View attachment 3659670
This shirt speaks my language. HiFi House was a place I enjoyed greatly. I miss it to this day. Those new Luxmans were superb. I have repaired a Luxman turntable or three which was bought there new. Fond memories, I will not forget.
 
This shirt speaks my language. HiFi House was a place I enjoyed greatly. I miss it to this day. Those new Luxmans were superb. I have repaired a Luxman turntable or three which was bought there new. Fond memories, I will not forget.
I live in Knoxville too and I remember the Hi FI House well...there was also England Sound on campus, and there was another stereo store on Northshore I believe named The Stereo Center...I frequented all three, the smell of new gear never got old.
 
Gonna see if I can get this printed (I just cut and pasted this together as example for a friended graphical designer):

Altec shirt.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I’ve been adding to my stack of audio tees too, and one fun twist has been getting a couple of custom Hawaiian shirts with company logos made to match some of my vintage gear. They work great for meets or just hanging out, and the quality surprised me. If you’re already swapping stories and designs, mixing in a loud, retro Hawaiian print can be a cool change of pace.
 
My wife years ago got me one of the JBL 50th anniversary T shirts, I wore the living crap out of it and now its all beat to hell but I still have it, Ill try to snap a picture of it when I am off. Its from some trade show JBL did so not one easily found.

When I was in HS in the late 90s early 2000's my family was super religious, and my Dad would not allow us to listen to any music that was not approved by the church. So basically we were able to listen to hymn music or classical, noting with a beat or anything that sounded "Secular". So I was not really allowed to have cloths that had any sort of worldly images on it. "Its the Devil Bobby" kind of crap.

One day in the summer of 1996-98 I had spent the night at one of our family friends house who also went to our church. Somehow or another I ripped my shirt while riding bikes or playing I don't remember so I ended up taking one of my buddies Josh's shirts. Did not think anything of it, the shirt was from a summer concert that had an image of Fuel - Shimmer - Sunburn tour on it.


Similar to this one but slightly different. ^^

It was the summer and we would have many folks from our church over to the house for dinner and "fellowship" often. That particular day we had our pastor over and his wife and kids, and a few other families from the church, one being one of the assistant pastors who I had a crush on his daughter. We were some what an Item but her dad was odd and barley let us talk unless it was in the church.

Anyway, Me and Josh had road our bikes from his house to mine not knowing we had company. Not a big deal right?

Not for my Dad, I walked passed everyone in the room and no one said anything but my dad noticed the T-Shirt I had on. He decided to make an example out of me.

Instead of just pulling me aside and telling me to change, he stops me in front of everyone in the house and asks why I have on a "Rock and Roll" shirt, I tried to explain that mine had ripped and I needed to borrow a shirt from Josh.

He made me take the shirt off in front of everyone, including our pastors wife and kids and also the girl i had a crush on.

I was so embarrassed, I was probably 13 or 14, and that was not something we would do in front of a girl at the time, we were not even allowed to swim with a girl. Could not go to movies, and if we were in church we had to sit 6 inches away from each other at all times.

I had a verry different upbringing, I still talk with my folks but our relationship has never been the same. My dad will wonder why we never go home and visit other than Christmas and Thanksgiving, and why we refuse to do anything with them.

Sorry for the rant, just reliving some BS childhood trauma is all LOL

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents, we just do not see eye to eye on a lot of things. T-Shirts being one of them.

That said I do have this one in my shop at work:

View attachment 3834038
Wow...thanks for sharing!
 
Back
Top Bottom