• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's play mystery vintage speaker ID

KiM3Ce

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
From an upcoming sale, no affiliation. I will post a link in Dollars and Sense.

The seller describes them as teak and mid-century. Tannoy maybe?

teak.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I think there's probably a horn behind the front grill; in short, not a Tannoy DC. Something Klipschorn-ish, maybe?
 
A Speakerlab offering perhaps? You mentioned "them" so take that to mean there is a pair?
 
Thanks, the ad says $1,000 the pair although there is only one picture. From the rest of the sale, it appears the owners were very well off. I emailed the seller and will share any information I get. If that is the front with a single opening, I'm thinking coaxial, which makes me think Tannoy. Beautiful woodwork!
 
That wood panel at the top makes me think of a rear facing woofer behind that with a folded horn that exits below.

I looked up images for 'Electrovoice Cardinal' and did not find anything that looks like this.
 
My wild guess is a folded horn 15" on the bottom and something like a Klipschorn on the top in a custom cab. I'd be all over that just out of curiousity.
 
From the pictures he doesn't appear to be an "audio guy". Unless of course he's like me and taking it all with him when he goes. I won't even need a coffin, just open up one of my Legacy Focus and put me inside. This way all my audio friends are sure to cry at my funeral.
 
Thanks, the ad says $1,000 the pair although there is only one picture. From the rest of the sale, it appears the owners were very well off. I emailed the seller and will share any information I get. If that is the front with a single opening, I'm thinking coaxial, which makes me think Tannoy. Beautiful woodwork!

The ad now says $750 a pair and it looks like there are four of them for sale. Perhaps it is some sort of corner horn and they were used in a quad system. Just my speculation of course.
 
Back
Top Bottom