• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

List of Absurd Prices for Items - Fun thread for obviously enthusiastic expectations

Talking about VHS', it seems no name production, slasher flicks are the one's to look out for. Example: Tales from the Quadead Zone
 
Talking about VHS', it seems no name production, slasher flicks are the one's to look out for. Example: Tales from the Quadead Zone

So I assume that means there are esoteric collectors of oddball, limited video recordings like there are for LP's/45's/etc.? I used to know a big record collector back in the '90's that would seek out things like releases for Germany/Japan and the like that were very rare.
 
So I assume that means there are esoteric collectors of oddball, limited video recordings like there are for LP's/45's/etc.? I used to know a big record collector back in the '90's that would seek out things like releases for Germany/Japan and the like that were very rare.

Definitely! I think your collector buddy was looking for those Germ/Jap pressings not due to rarity but due to quality. They made thousands upon thousands of German/Japanese pressing (so they're out there), but are usually unmatched in the fidelity department when compared to domestic pressings (those willing to argue, I clearly stated "usually.")
 
So I shouldnt have paid $5K for those disney VHS tapes?

LOL, I remember folks trying to push those special edition (can't remember the series, criterium or silver) for huge bucks a couple years back. They were a dime a dozen at my local thrift.
 
Last edited:
GItVeR1.jpg


I found this image on Reddit sub Vintage Audio. Wow that is crazy someone went on Ebay found one and priced it accordingly GW price should be $25 to $35 real world it is worth $60 to $75. People on that sub say MCS is junk MCS has 3 or 4 decent receivers and one really good turn table it is decent mid level not high end like Marantz or Sansui
 
Here is a very nice condition Thorens TD-165 (no affiliation):

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/163241391031

$1,250 starting bid, with shipping at a very reasonable $243.98

Luckily you can "Buy It Now" for $1,625, if you catch it before it gets into a bidding war.

The listing also states "Shipping includes up to $2,500 insurance. The insurance will be raised at Seller's cost should the item sell for a higher price"

Even in this condition, $350 to $400 for a TD-165 would be a reach.

Mixed up with a refurbished TD-124? Decimal point mistake? Insurance scam?
 

You guys may laugh, but what if you're home enjoying your Acoustimass system and it suddenly breaks? Where would you be without a backup? But what if you did have a backup and then that broke??? You'd be mighty glad you had a second backup, that's what. Market price I'm thinking.
 
These Sansui receivers are nice, BUT, at best, top eBay price is around $250, but those have all metal frames, not real wood like the one for sale below. That must be the reason it can command a 4x price. :D

Sansui overpriced.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom