• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

List of AK'ers with a Technics SL1200/SL1210

Wow, those are expensive boxes... maybe I'll try to build my own.

Here is a new issue- I noticed that I have a vertical wobble in my platter (I can move it up and down on the spindle, which stays in place).

On some records I get a popping noise as the record spins (especially tracks towards the outside). Is this the stylus coming out of the groove a little bit and then landing back inside?

I notice that the platter hole is a bit stripped looking, which I think is causing the problem. Does anybody have a good way of fixing that? I thought of taping the spindle, but that would still leave it crooked since the stripping isn't uniform.

Check in with AK'er thedelihaus - he's our resident expert!
 
Picked up an SL 1200 mk1 for $20 as an early Christmas present to myself a few weeks back...of course my wife then insisted I actually wait until Christmas to play with it...but I am now official. Put me on that list, please.
 
Picked up an SL 1200 mk1 for $20 as an early Christmas present to myself a few weeks back...

Wow, that's a whale of a deal! I paid $150 for my MK1 a few years ago and thought that THAT was a bargain. :thmbsp:

I use my MK1 several hours a day in the office, and it hasn't given me ANY trouble (aside from needing new interconnects, an easy/cheap fix).
 
Wow, that's a whale of a deal! I paid $150 for my MK1 a few years ago and thought that THAT was a bargain. :thmbsp:

I use my MK1 several hours a day in the office, and it hasn't given me ANY trouble (aside from needing new interconnects, an easy/cheap fix).

I have to give the pots a cleaning, and the power switch too. I'll be getting to it soon...I'm just glad the folks at Salvation Army didn't know how much it was worth. :D I went in about 9:30 on the morning of Dec. 5th, and it must've just been put out, because the price tag was also dated 12/5. I just read through your thread from when you bought yours...I was curious about serial numbers as well, as mine is 003 something or other.
 
I have to give the pots a cleaning, and the power switch too. I'll be getting to it soon...I'm just glad the folks at Salvation Army didn't know how much it was worth. :D I went in about 9:30 on the morning of Dec. 5th, and it must've just been put out, because the price tag was also dated 12/5. I just read through your thread from when you bought yours...I was curious about serial numbers as well, as mine is 003 something or other.

I initially had to clean the speed pots too, but it's been fine ever since. Every few months I might need to adjust them slightly.

Contact Panasonic customer service, they should be able to help you pinpoint when it was made.

The MK1 is a fine table! Apparently the MK2 arm assembly can be dropped in with little modification needed, if you feel the need to upgrade it.
 
Just got mine in today. :)

18fa22d8-f44c-cb2a.jpg


Won it on at that auction place for 350 shipped.

Looks like I got a main deck for a long time to come.

Showed up just a little dusty a a few minor scuffs. The cover is in nearly like new condition as well.
 
Here is a quick shot with my iPod. St70 in the background.
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335490346.782489.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335490346.782489.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
Hi guys'n'gals, after being away for quite a while I've just made an addition to the list, welcome everyone!

Additions:
dumptruck
jayjay325
sushimaster
CUlater
foonsped
hebert
dka56
JWB47
theprofessor
janusz1
majick47
Ayles
Westbourne
jostber
Muddywaters
43moon
AvFan
Sandbar92
Van_Isle
SkyLounger
static14
levlhed
howardtheduc
rojoknox
Alminavil
andyecon
cyto
Gregoire
shizpow
nickrobotron
ultimix
jcm2012
Stacker45
Bigerik
986s
 
I've sold my SL-1210 and my SL-1401
You are no longer on the list!

Picked up an immaculate, original-owner SL-1200 (non MK series) a couple of months back for $55. Thought I did well.

The other day my son called from a garage sale about a TT he found. "What kind?" says I. "Technics". "What model?" I inquire. "SL-1200" "Original or MK 2?" "MK 2" says he. "How much?" I ask. "$10". Says I, "Buy that thing now and get out before the seller changes his mind!".

He was grinning from ear to ear when he showed it to me. While he is really into vinyl, I thought he wasn't paying attention to his dad's hobby!

It's in perfect shape, Stanton 500 cart, works great. The new best score in our household, and I've been collecting vintage for awhile now.
Welcome to the List Mark! Great score and enjoy your SL. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom