• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Log out, log in anomaly - change bookm@rk to https

I just noticed something this morning, if I do a web search for an old thread (e.g. google search ending in "site:audiokarma.org") if I click a result, I'm not logged in on that tab whether or not I'm logged in on a different tab where I'm just browsing AK.

putting "https://" in front of the address fixes the issue.
I'm the complete opposite, I can only log in under a bookmarked "http" address. :dunno:
 
Folks, we have a coding issue, and it's on AK's end.
Actually I don't think 'we' do have a coding issue. I use Chrome and I haven't had a single problem - which is why I suggested some people might like to at least try it out. I use Windows 7, but have also tried out Windows 10 with Chrome, and also Android with Chrome - no issues at all with any of them.

How do you explain that I have had no issues whatsoever, if all the problems are at the AK server end? :)
 
View attachment 1422516

Click address bar above, type in https://

View attachment 1422517


No problem.

View attachment 1422518


If y'all are still having problems, check the address bar on your browser. If you get "logged out", type in the https:// ad shown in my screenshots, and see if the logged out tab disappears.

Looks like a later version of browser on a later version of Android.

Rich P

Android 7.1.1 and an adfree browser.
 
I just noticed something this morning, if I do a web search for an old thread (e.g. google search ending in "site:audiokarma.org") if I click a result, I'm not logged in on that tab whether or not I'm logged in on a different tab where I'm just browsing AK.

putting "https://" in front of the address fixes the issue.


I often get that (having to log in to view an old thread) since way before the https change.
I just thought it was normal.

Since going back to my NON "s" bookmark everything seems to be working just fine.
 
Any 'old' threads I click on automatically acquire https:// at the beginning. :)

I just went back to a thread from 2004 and it too automatically got the https:// tag. :)
 
The AK site is under some sort of attack as far as I can tell, although my computer is blocking the attempt. In the https bar (whatever it is called) there is an icon that when I highlight it reads "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"
I have never to my knowledge seen this before. So I can understand why others may have a problem, it may not be safe if your device can't block the attack.
 
In the https bar (whatever it is called) there is an icon that when I highlight it reads "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"
I have that as well, just ignore it. If you click on the red 'x' it says 'Insecure content blocked' - gives you the option to 'load unsafe scripts' (don't !) and a blue 'Done' button.

I don't think AK is under attack. :no:
 
I have that as well, just ignore it. If you click on the red 'x' it says 'Insecure content blocked' - gives you the option to 'load unsafe scripts' (don't !) and a blue 'Done' button.

I don't think AK is under attack. :no:
Every single device including a smart toaster hooked up to the Internet is under constant bombardment :)

But as far as AK being under "Attack" its more the ad serving system is under "Attack" which AK has limited input on content. They can only filter around the crap these ad servers pass along.

Frannie
 
What browser and OS are you using ?

My personal view
I think everyone who is having problems is using browser settings which don't agree with the requirements for logging in to AK now that it has switched to 'https://' (like 'browser redirects' not set to 'allow' ?). Most people are ok - but people using Apple Mac +relevant browser or Firefox, or an OS other than Windows 7 (Windows 10 ?) seem mostly to be the ones having issues. .

Nothing major here with FF on Ubuntu, didn't have to change anything other than adding s to the http. I get logged out when clicking on an internal http, but for normal browsing/posting, no issues.
 
So getting kicked out again. ON safari this time. and I am using the https:// Before it was Chrome that was acting up. Any ideas?
 
Just happened to me again, come on to AK and i've been logged out, try to login and it takes me back to the main page where i'm still not logged in. Browsed a few pages and suddenly i'm logged in again. Very annoying.

Edit, this only happens on Chrome on my macbook, Iphone is fine and never logs out.
 
BTW: I've noticed that a number of my old posts now contain broken image links to the AK media library.

Sure enough, it's about HTTPS vs HTTP. Perhaps someone can devise a script to address this site-wide.
 
Would it foul anything up to have a script crawl the entire site and change every instance of HTTP: to HTTPS:? We can always try a trial run in just one subforum. Maybe the Cutting Edge forum
nyah.gif
 
Would it foul anything up to have a script crawl the entire site and change every instance of HTTP: to HTTPS:? We can always try a trial run in just one subforum. Maybe the Cutting Edge forum
nyah.gif
As long as the source server supports https:// "Maybe"

Yes, I have thousands of images that are now toast. Not happy at all.

I had this happen yesterday to yours truly.

This thread.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...-karma-is-a-bitch-if-you-mess-with-it.517464/

I ended up having to re-do all images to https:// and also go to my server and add a SSL cert.

While it took me minutes to do all of this certainly I would not expect every external image to be as easy.

It was just a dumb image server I used to save some storage here.

Frannie
 
Describe "getting kicked out." Do you mean following links where you have to log in again?
I mean any time I do anything. "Like" a post, quote a post, reply, edit, I get kicked out and have to log back in. I am on the latest Safari on the latest Mac OS. Before, a few weeks ago, I was using Chrome and was having problems, so was using Safari. This latest all started about day before last. Very frustrating, and very frustrating that no Admins have made any sort of announcement, a list of things to try, etc. I like this place a lot and hope they get it figured out.
 
Back
Top Bottom