• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Log out, log in anomaly - change bookm@rk to https

FYI,

And I am not sure it was stated.

The http://www.audiokarma.org vs http://audiokarma.org quirkiness I think is an artifact of the changeover to Xenforo from Vbulletin many years ago.

Not sure why that was not converted earlier and I am reaching deep into the "Fog" that exists between my ears.

Many years I know that I knew the difference visually because I size the font down to 90% at http://audiokarma.org and I would instantly see the difference when I followed links (Internally or Via Search engines) that referenced http://www.audiokarma.org which would show up as larger at 100%

Frannie
 
Tact is hard when you are doing 8 things at once and have not had enough Coffee

Frannie
I totally get that.

I have paid to be a subscriber to a service, and there have been problems. Right now, everything seems to work correctly again on Safari and Chrome via OS Mojave 10.14.3. I will be the first to admit I am not technical, which is why I employ Macs in my law office as I find that I am more productive when I don't have to deal with more technical issues and can just use the gear to get the job done. And I sure don't intend to brow beat anyone. I am glad things seem to be working again and thanks to whomever for whatever.

All that said, as a paid subscriber, I would think it would be nice to receive a little more communication on the issue. Something about why it is happening, what is being done to address it, etc. Sorry you have been in the middle of it all.


This is one communication that lets us know what one gets for the subscription fee:

"For the fee of $25.00 you will not only help in supporting one of the best sites around but also get the following features:

New forums only for Subscribers
Increase PM capacity to 1500 ( 150 for Reg members )
Increase picture storage to 200 meg ( Reg members get 30 meg )
User Album, 2.5 megabytes
Ability to delete your posts
larger signatures
Change color of name
Use of animated gifs
Set yourself to be invisible to the rest of the board.

This will be tweaked and additional features may be added in the future."


https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...-what-is-it-and-how-do-you-become-one.124857/

Implied in that description is that the subscriber will have access to those items and not get logged out all the time just trying to use the features normally. Again, no badgering intended here. And I understand that there are problems that come up as software, security, etc. changes. Just pointing out why it would be nice if there was a little more communication when there are somewhat wide reports of things working poorly.

And again, Mods, Admins, Staff Members, Owners, etc., thanks for the efforts, and thanks for the great site. I look forward to enjoying it for years to come.
 
Last edited:
I totally get that.

I have paid to be a subscriber to a service, and there have been problems. Right now, everything seems to work correctly again on Safari and Chrome via OS Mojave 10.14.3. I will be the first to admit I am not technical, which is why I employ Macs in my law office as I find that I am more productive when I don't have to deal with more technical issues and can just use the gear to get the job done. And I sure don't intend to brow beat anyone. I am glad things seem to be working again and thanks to whomever for whatever.

All that said, as a paid subscriber, I would think it would be nice to receive a little more communication on the issue. Something about why it is happening, what is being done to address it, etc. Sorry you have been in the middle of it all.


This is one communication that lets us know what one gets for the subscription fee:

"For the fee of $25.00 you will not only help in supporting one of the best sites around but also get the following features:

New forums only for Subscribers
Increase PM capacity to 1500 ( 150 for Reg members )
Increase picture storage to 200 meg ( Reg members get 30 meg )
User Album, 2.5 megabytes
Ability to delete your posts
larger signatures
Change color of name
Use of animated gifs
Set yourself to be invisible to the rest of the board.

This will be tweaked and additional features may be added in the future."


https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...-what-is-it-and-how-do-you-become-one.124857/

Implied in that description is that the subscriber will have access to those items and not get logged out all the time just trying to use the features normally. Again, no badgering intended here. And I understand that there are problems that come up as software, security, etc. changes. Just pointing out why it would be nice if there was a little more communication when there are somewhat wide reports of things working poorly.

And again, Mods, Admins, Staff Members, Owners, etc., thanks for the efforts, and thanks for the great site. I look forward to enjoying it for years to come.

I pay for a lot of things in life that don't work the way I like them. That being said personally I don't think my subscribing gives me much of a voice at all on what this site does or how its run.

I pay because I like the sheer amount of "Free" information given here and because I believe in what AK stands for.

I know you are frustrated but in the grand scheme of things ?? What is the most important thing ??

I would also offer that more "Non Payers" are having the same issues. And as far from a technical sense everyone is in the same "Pot"

Frannie
 
Well, no point in saying any more other than I respectfully disagree with you with regard to the reasonable expectations of paying customers. We can respectfully agree to disagree on this point. Thank you for your help and information. Over and out.
 
The frustration is the lack of official communication from the admins working on the issue. All I recall seeing are a few scattered messages from mods acting as intermediaries. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now without at least a "we know and we're on it" from the wizards behind the curtain. As a paid subscriber I think I'm not asking for too much there.
Bang-on!

I've flipped so many browsers in the last few days, I've lost count.

Insane.
 
I have had the log in/ log out issue for awhile and just started to read some of the problems. I don't know if this will help, I am using win7 32 bit w/firefox 65.0.2. I was following this thread and was bumped off while just switching pages. I don't know if this makes a differences, but in my address bar the lock has an exclamation point and it is telling me the connection is not secure. The address in the bar starts with https://. According to firefox it is telling me the site is not secure because of mixed content on the page.
 
I haven’t read all the posts in this thread, but may I assume this is not yet resolved?
I’m using the secure URL but still being asked to log in several times a day.
 
This is one of the few times that I didn't read every post in this thread, but here's my experience with this issue:

I don't have the "s" in either my bookmarks or my password manager. I've never had a problem or knew there was one 'til I found this thread. (I use Opera, which I always keep up to date.) But I thought, what the heck, and modified my BM's and pass manager with the "s". Now, I have an issue. A normal thing for me to do is, while reading posts, to open "Google" in another tab and do a search for the equipment being discussed so that I can see what they're talking about. Many of the links refer back to AK. I right-click>open in new tab, and view the associated thread. But after adding the "s", I'm no longer logged into the new tab, and therefore, can't see attachments. Furthermore, my password manager doesn't recognize the site and log me in automatically. I would stay logged in to the original page, just not the new tabs. So, I removed the "s" from my BM's and pass manger. All is back to normal and working.

So for me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)
 
FYI::

I don't use this but this will force https:// everywhere

Chrome::

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/https-everywhere/gcbommkclmclpchllfjekcdonpmejbdp?hl=en

Firefox::

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/https-everywhere/

EDIT::: These don't appear to work as intended. Researching why

EDIT 2::: OK had to check "Encrypt All Sites Eligible (EASE)" with Firefox. Now when I click stuff that is http:// (Like in a conversation e-mail) its rewritten to https:// fixing one nagging issue

EDIT 3:::: Works exactly the same with Chrome. Thus eliminating my main annoyance with this switch (And it was a very minor annoyance to be honest)


Frannie
OK I just tried this after reading multiple pages and so far this worked. Thank you. If it acts up again, I will update
Bernie
 
OK I just tried this after reading multiple pages and so far this worked. Thank you. If it acts up again, I will update
Bernie
I have gone to this site without and with that ad-on. I get the logout crap constantly without that ad-on and have to edit the URL for https: and hit go. All its really doing in my case is making everything https: here even http:// links in old e-mails and threads.

But that ad-on is not without issues as you will see as you browse about the "Net"

Frannie
 
I have gone to this site without and with that ad-on. I get the logout crap constantly without that ad-on and have to edit the URL for https: and hit go. All its really doing in my case is making everything https: here even http:// links in old e-mails and threads.

But that ad-on is not without issues as you will see as you browse about the "Net"

Frannie
Well, I will try it anyway.
 
I'm having issues on my laptop and on my mobile device. I am constantly getting logged out, and when I try to log back in, half the time it isn't accepting it. This is a completely new issue that first started roughly 2 weeks ago. Is this something that we just have to deal with now? I really don't want to have to get some ad-on just for this site.
 
yes, started with me about 2 weeks ago also.

Always have to log in. I don't seem to have the being logged out problem...once I'm logged in. But upon shutting down....or closing the page...then have to log back in.

Clicking the "stay logged in button" doesn't help either way...
 
This is one of the few times that I didn't read every post in this thread, but here's my experience with this issue:

I don't have the "s" in either my bookmarks or my password manager. I've never had a problem or knew there was one 'til I found this thread. (I use Opera, which I always keep up to date.) But I thought, what the heck, and modified my BM's and pass manager with the "s". Now, I have an issue. A normal thing for me to do is, while reading posts, to open "Google" in another tab and do a search for the equipment being discussed so that I can see what they're talking about. Many of the links refer back to AK. I right-click>open in new tab, and view the associated thread. But after adding the "s", I'm no longer logged into the new tab, and therefore, can't see attachments. Furthermore, my password manager doesn't recognize the site and log me in automatically. I would stay logged in to the original page, just not the new tabs. So, I removed the "s" from my BM's and pass manger. All is back to normal and working.

So for me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

Reverting back to the non-secure http URL in my bookmarks broke everything for me.

So it appears the symptoms/solutions are inconsistent for all users. I’m using Chrome on an IPad, but also have the issue on a PC.
 
Inconsistency is making this much harder to fix. It always does. I feel for the admins tasked with this. I can go for an hour on my computer or phone without getting bounced off. Then get bounced off every time I like something or check one of my subscribed threads.
 
Tact is hard when you are doing 8 things at once and have not had enough Coffee

Frannie

. ..-. ..-. .. -. / --. --- --- -.. / --- -. . / ..-. .-. .- -. -. .. . / .--. ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --- ..- --. .... - - .- / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. .. ...- . / - .... . ... . / .... - - .--. ... / .-- --- .-. .-. -.-- / .-- --- .-. - ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. / - --- / ... - . .-- / --- ...- . .-.
 
. ..-. ..-. .. -. / --. --- --- -.. / --- -. . / ..-. .-. .- -. -. .. . / .--. ... / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --- ..- --. .... - - .- / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / --. .. ...- . / - .... . ... . / .... - - .--. ... / .-- --- .-. .-. -.-- / .-- --- .-. - ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. / - --- / ... - . .-- / --- ...- . .-.
-- --- .-. ... . / -.. --- -. - / -.-. .- .-. . / -... --- ..- - / -. --- / ... - .. -. -.- .. -. --. / .... - - .--. ...
 
Back
Top Bottom