• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Look What I Got Out of a White Van?

Well, if Nickelback is in town, you can offer a place for them to jam. Those speakers would certainly be loud enough.....:D
 
now that is true definition of being a member of BASO... wow.. I forgot how huge those things were until I saw you beside them.. Guess it's been too long since I've seen a pair in person...

I only see one problem with these pictures though.... the ceiling is too low to stack them.. :thumbsdn:
 
now that is true definition of being a member of BASO... wow.. I forgot how huge those things were until I saw you beside them.. Guess it's been too long since I've seen a pair in person...

I only see one problem with these pictures though.... the ceiling is too low to stack them.. :thumbsdn:

I can stack them if I pull them out from the wall.
 
Earthman, are you crssing 18" subs at 100 Hz? Does it sound ok? :scratch2:
I will be using two 18" in 12 cubic foot boxes with 2245 drivers triamped the whole lot(talk about fridges, those with a pair of industrial A7's :D ) and am worried they will have too much presence and maybe sound weird. Paul c, thank you for the crossover plans, what did you say the points are?

I've got a pair of 18" subs in I don't know what size box... HUGE is a good description.. just not as huge as those Altecs.. I've got them crossed at 100hz... I tried 150hz, and they just didn't have as much too them I felt ... I guess because the speakers I have on top of them sounded better dropped down to the 100hz, than at 150.. there was way too much mid...

I believe if you have strong enough horns or highs, and your mids are right.. then the subs will blend right in and not be as over powering as you think they might at 100hz..

I don't have Altecs, but I have a speaker that have a lot of in your face mids and highs.. somewhat like Altecs (but not near as refined sounding, just powerful in those areas) .. just trying to give you an idea, that if you have enough pressure with the rest of the freq range, the bass will be strong and powerful.. but not over powering of everything else.. I can pretty much promise you, with a pair of A7's, you will have a really great blend of sound at 100hz.. they will easily provide everything you need to fill out the subs...

Just so you have an idea what I have, and to see it's not as over powering as you may think.. the speakers on top are not near as forward as Altecs.. and the bass is just right... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57425&d=1186967242
 
Back
Top Bottom