• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Looks like diesel gonna be a problem.

Not to fan flames if you'll pardon the pun, but if nothing else expect this to get worse as we move into heating season. Same base fuel stock for heating oil as diesel fuel so plan on prices for both being very high. Over the last ~decade I've found that the prices are pretty close per gallon. May have been that way longer but I've only owned a diesel for the last 9 and frankly I didn't pay attention to what it cost prior to that.
 
Not to fan flames if you'll pardon the pun, but if nothing else expect this to get worse as we move into heating season.
Natural gas companies make more money by liquifying natural gas and transporting it overseas than supplying customers via pipeline in the US.
This in addition to increased usage for heat in the winter creates a "shortage" here which drives the price per therm higher and translates into higher bills for us.

It has happened before, look for it to happen again.
 
“Sad thing is that this didn't have to happen”

There's no way to respond to this without getting political. I'll just say we haven't seen the worst of it yet.
Ergo my comment which was not political.
But you made it political, and that was an urge that is hard to resist apparently.
When gas prices were higher in 2022 that was mentioned in a vacuum by me.
I detest politics in audio forums.
I just wonder how consistently people remember history and are they consistent in their feelings ?
We all feel the pain of “Krogers and Meijers (not having) Smart Balance margarine. (Due to) supply chain disruption.”
The longer one lives there is more history to witness and feel and forget.
Crazy that I expect that we have, in fact, seen the worst of it and that diesel will go below the previous record of 2022 from a pure economic perspective due to market forces wherein the futures market goes down to the point that at the pump prices decline.
From my perspective most cannot be objective ish which is unfortunate.
 
Last edited:
Ergo my comment which was not political.
But you made it political, and that was an urge that is hard to resist apparently.
When gas prices were higher in 2022 that was mentioned in a vacuum by me.
I detest politics in audio forums.
I just wonder how consistently people remember history and are they consistent in their feelings ?
We all feel the pain of “Krogers and Meijers (not having) Smart Balance margarine. (Due to) supply chain disruption.”
The longer one lives there is more history to witness and feel and forget.
Crazy that I expect that we have, in fact, seen the worst of it and that diesel will go below the previous record of 2022 from a pure economic perspective due to market forces wherein the futures market goes down to the point that at the pump prices decline.
From my perspective most cannot be objective ish which is unfortunate.
It was just thinly veiled. I've read this rhetoric and engaged in many discussions so it's easy to see where it was leading. There's a big difference between thinking your objective and being objective. People tend to think their objective when they believe their right. I think we know where we each stand and that's where I'll leave it.
 
Last edited:
One word:

Butter, baby!
"Cadets, today we are going to learn about butter's many uses!"

4ce6fe1d-99f6-4ace-8ab1-71d9b3050b62.gif
 
One word:

Butter, baby!

There's Kelly Gold in the fridge. Mostly used for baking.. Smart Balance is actually better for you than other margarine and butter. If you have cholesterol problems you should try it. I don't have that problem, it just tastes good, healthier is just a plus. A google search will give that info. Try it you might like it and it's healthier.
 
"Start Balance: The products are designed as dairy-free, plant-based alternatives to butter, utilizing a proprietary blend of vegetable oils such as palm, canola, olive, and soybean oil."

I stay away from linoleic acid. I don't need inflammation. Butter is real food!

That is a demonstration on the effectiveness of advertising/marketing. Convincing people that chemical laden "food products" are better than the real deal.

Double yep
 
That is a demonstration on the effectiveness of advertising/marketing. Convincing people that chemical laden "food products" are better than the real deal.
Sorry it was recommended to me. Checked it out on my own. Not everything is a conspiracy. I comfortable with it. Smart Balance is generally healthier for heart health with lower saturated fat and cholesterol and has no hydrogenated oils. Butter offers natural fat-soluble nutrients and better for baking. I use butter for brown butter pasta. When you clarify butter the cheap store bought is just that. You can see how much crap is in the sediment. You have to use very good butter(expensive). You guys need to get over yourselves.

"Start Balance: The products are designed as dairy-free, plant-based alternatives to butter, utilizing a proprietary blend of vegetable oils such as palm, canola, olive, and soybean oil."

I stay away from linoleic acid. I don't need inflammation. Butter is real food!

Linoleic acid is one of two essential fatty acids required for human health because the body cannot synthesize it. If you can't tolerate it that's specific to you.

​

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom