• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Looks like diesel gonna be a problem.

Sorry it was recommended to me. Checked it out on my own. Not everything is a conspiracy. I comfortable with it. Smart Balance is generally healthier for heart health with lower saturated fat and cholesterol and has no hydrogenated oils. Butter offers natural fat-soluble nutrients and better for baking. I use butter for brown butter pasta. When you clarify butter the cheap store bought is just that. You can see how much crap is in the sediment. You have to use very good butter(expensive). You guys need to get over yourselves.



Linoleic acid is one of two essential fatty acids required for human health because the body cannot synthesize it. If you can't tolerate it that's specific to you.

​

Man you get offended easy. Who needs to get over what?
 
Butter is really good on roles.
Good on buns, too!

16df0335-19f0-4373-b276-30f50ab67ff4.gif
 
That is a demonstration on the effectiveness of advertising/marketing. Convincing people that chemical laden "food products" are better than the real deal.
The BigFood aggregates have billions to spend on advertising. They give the American Heart Association a pile of dough to get an "endorsement" and the right to use the little heart logo and the AHA will tell everyone chemicals are the best food. It's a horrid, wretched scam.
 
The BigFood aggregates have billions to spend on advertising. They give the American Heart Association a pile of dough to get an "endorsement" and the right to use the little heart logo and the AHA will tell everyone chemicals are the best food. It's a horrid, wretched scam.
Yeah, I have my own food scale. If you eat something and you can feel your heart racing and your chest tightening within minutes... It's probably a zero on the Health Scale.

Or it's true love.

:idea:
 
Our modern world in the developed countries are dependent on Fossil Fuels plus derivatives and byproducts.
Fertilizers plastics alone are about 15% IIRC of total production.




""The Definitive List of 365 Products Made from Oil / Petroleum""​

The Definitive List of 365 Products Made from Oil / Petroleum | Bad Ass Work Gear


We may well have many items soon to be in short supply.


Note Vinyl records and CD's come from oil too......


The Energy Return on Investment (EROI) metrics, which measure the energy gained versus energy expended. Conventional oilhistorically boasts high EROI ratios (often 20:1 to 30:1), whereas renewables like solar and wind have lower EROIs (typically 2.5:1 to 10:1). This higher energy efficiency translates directly into higher financial profitability for oil, as less energy cost is required per unit of output.
 
Yeah, I have my own food scale. If you eat something and you can feel your heart racing and your chest tightening within minutes... It's probably a zero on the Health Scale.
My key indicator is heartburn, which is caused by anything containing seed oils; with Canola being the worst offender. Fortunately, I learned to cook (instead of buying the packaged crap), and no longer have that problem.

I cook/bake with butter and/or coconut oil. The only exception is banana bread, which I used non-hydrogenated shortening. That too caused mild heartburn, so this year I'm going to use real lard (not the shelf stable kind). Lard is what grandma used.
 
Living on an island. Supply chain is problematic.
Having multiple disastrous hurricanes and storms, compounds the problems.
Fuel and food is more expensive and getting scarce.

Hana, the far side of Maui.

View attachment 3844498
WOW! Might as well break out the old bicycle! I'm wondering if and when the prices will ever come down (I know that is prolly a really stupid question :().

And I thought that Calif prices were bad.

f14c2db6-b312-4002-90fb-f46e0862052c.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom