• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Lots of sexist avatars on audio forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
large.jpg

I swear, they made me do it, but it DOES feel nice!


I can't believe that was just hanging there, waiting for me and I whiffed on it. Well done.
 
See #122.

If I understand it properly, your wife's objection is not so much to the avatar, as to the "and she cooks too" comment, but maybe you should ask for clarification . . . ;)

In any event, if that avatar is as objectionable as it gets around here, I think that indicates there isn't much of a problem with offensive avatars.
 
The analogy doesn't work, men and women are welcome and technically should be safe from all forms of discrimination - but real world???

There's nothing wrong with the analogy -- it's objecting to allegedly morally offensive conduct that may offend some potential viewers. Presumably, people of all religions are welcome here too, and some may be offended by the consumption of pork, or doesn't that count?
 
Yeah sorry about the spelling, it was coming think and fast and I forgot to proof-read between insults and a failure of others to actually read my posts without thinking I was taking their teddy bear from them - my bad :rolleyes:. As to my avatar beatnik (scary as it is) it represents a secret society to challenge morons every where - alas the job is big as there are so many out there, luckily in real life we actually out number you and have in fact legislated (in western cultures) laws to protect from discrimination, so who gets the last laugh really - but that won't stop you guys from trying hey - and before you all get on your high horse I am not talking about titty jokes - remember the next time you thread jack or you have your opinion unfairly dismissed like the OP and stomped down like others were here you might understand - for me you guys are whimps cos nothing has landed a body blow just a bunch of protectionist guff (don't threaten to take my titties away which was never going to happen anyway). For those men here who speak for women, you need to get out more. Notice all the smart AKer's have run from this thread, just the precious few left. So what does this mean, it proves lowest common denominator.......ah you know the rest :blah:

Ah that should leave you with enough to keep going for a few more hours - Night :boring:

Rob :)
 
Is this in reference to post 105? If so, I don't get it.

I didn't choose 105 at random, I backtracked from your quoted post looking for djcoolray's closest previous post and that's what I came up with.

I believe there was another comment DJ which I referred to, quite thoughtful as noted, but had some content bordering on or treading political. I think he either edited or deleted it before any Mods came in. The post count then decreases.

There sure are a lot of dog and cat avatars on AK. It just shows what a big hearted group of folks you all are. :thumbsup:
Like mine for example :banana:

it's not "rampant"

It's not rampant, but it is common, to quote another thread.

For the record, this is what my "not rampant but common" post (which is a play on the "odd but not peculiar" game thread) was referring to, as both Hyperion, Brian222, and then my avatars are examples of animal and pet avatars. But folks seemed to feel it applied to the thread topic so I let it go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom