• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

LP-120 Saga: Well This is Embarassing

As long as your SL-1900 is functioning correctly, why not go for the cartridge upgrade?
That is a pretty solid turntable, and it's nice to have the auto return function sometimes.
It's also nice to be able to have extra headshell / cartridge combos that can easily be swapped back and forth.
I had one for a while and I regret selling it.
View attachment 1084525 View attachment 1084526

That is a thing of beauty. Do you have info you could share on your tonearm dampening? It seems like this is a pretty common mod that I’d like to attempt...
 
I got to check out some of the new budget tables yesterday at my local music store, no thanks. All the tables I saw had plastic plinths. I would not buy a table with a hollow plastic plinth, not if I want good playback. I would just by a cheap CD player and overlook the Vinyl experience, and that is saying a lot considering the amount of vinyl I have, and the number of tables I own.

Think of this, a table today for 350 dollars and then what 350 dollars was worth back in the mid 70's. Homes were 30,000 dollars, gas was 30 cents a gallon and a muscle car was less then 8,000 I think. So if you bought a turntable today from back in the late 70's and it cost 350 dollars how much would it cost today to buy the same table. That would show you what price range turntable today you would have to spend to get in the same ball park.

For the most part turntables are quite reliable. Seems to me belts and the Feet are problems, and why they had problems building good feet for them I don't know.

For some reason the thought of difficulty designing and manufacturing feet for a generation of turntables is hilarious to me. Good point though!
 
Right now I listen records on it... ;)

20180109_010719.jpg


20180109_011053.jpg


@Dncg4charlie You can to do some improvement on this TT as I do on mine SL-1900... Look on this topic...
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....table-and-all-other-too.799039/#post-11075856

Oh my... well there goes my Monday night. I can already tell this is going to be a fantastic read :)
 
That is a thing of beauty. Do you have info you could share on your tonearm dampening? It seems like this is a pretty common mod that I’d like to attempt...
Those are just simple o rings. You can pick them up at your local hardware store.
 
Back
Top Bottom