• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman owners can you share pics of your luxman equipment?

Stating the all so obvious, what an awe inspiring bunch of gear in this place! Dusting off this thread to show the current state of inspiration I've received from this and threads like this

L-100U
20240301_142457.jpg

I lusted after this model amp in 1979. The L-3 fit my budget then. Now this beauty is feeding a set of storage bin rescue Dahlquist M905 played from a Nakamichi CD Player 3 or MB1s, B&O RX with new Soundsmith cart, Denon DVD, tuner, or cassette. The L-100 displaced an L-5 currently awaiting a new role. Until now it was the one that got away..

Next up:

C-350 Pre
20240301_142514.jpg

It feeds a PL400 Series 2 into a set of JBL L20t3..
 
Just picked this up today, an L-509X that my dealer had gotten yesterday as a trade-in on a new L-509Z. I'm OK with late model used gear, especially when it comes from a dealer of the brand who I know will and has taken care of any issues with what he sells me.

This replaces a 20-month old entry-level L-505uX Mk2. It worked fine, but I'm one of those who appreciate more than just the specs. The new one is only 10w/ch more than the old one, though the damping factor is 370 vs. 210. What I appreciate as much as anything is the exquisite machining of the top plate. Wow, that is nice!! Sounds great too!

L-509X_in_situ.jpg
L-509X_closer.jpg
 
Rebuilt the power supply to this beautiful l-309. Just love these cases!!! They are so nice it deserves this jbl4430 as a pedestal.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3472.jpeg
    IMG_3472.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3470.jpeg
    IMG_3470.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3469.jpeg
    IMG_3469.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 8
Just put a new amp into the system after a full rebuild. Luxman (Luxkit) 3550. Has some unique features that even high end Luxman amps of the time lacked (stereo-mono switch, negative feedback on-off) - looking for a second that needs some love so I can go dual mono. Running it with vintage Tung Sol 6550's right now.

IMG_20240525_213050.jpg

Just moving my equipment to a new room, that's why it's so sparse in this photo right now.

Nice looking amp. This one was not cared for well - paint isn't the best, but it sounds really nice. New decent coupling caps and all new 1% metal films. The big power resistors were good, but will probably replace those when I find another one at a decent price on Yahoo auctions.

IMG_20240528_100303.jpg
 
Luxman 509x, bought second hand one year ago. A great amp.

I had also bought a used (but flawless) L-509X to power the speakers I had at the time, KEF Reference 1 Meta. It did do a fantastic job, and the improvement over the L-505uX Mk2 that it replaced was nothing short of a revelation.

The fact that the L-509X had only 20 watts per channel more than the L-505uX Mk2 had me concerned that it would be a minimal change. I couldn't have been more wrong. The nearly doubled damping rate might have been the key.

Fast forward to a year later and I sold off the L-509X that I was now using only as a pre-amp after having bought an M-900U power amp to drive the new speakers, KEF Blade 2 Meta. The sale of that L-509X helped fund buying my dealer's demo model C-900U "control amp" (with a full as-new warranty.)

So now I've got this array:

1319.jpg

That spot on the lower left that currently has a Bluesound Vault 2 on top of a mostly junk Sony SCD-CE595 player, that's on top of a Luxman DA-06 dac...will probably change this year.

I want the DA-06 and the SCD-CE595 to both go and be replaced with a Luxman D-07X SACD player/DAC, and the Bluesound Vault 2 changed to an Aurender ACS10 CD-ripper/streamer. Whichever happens first doesn't affect the other, depends what's available on the used market.
 
Buongiorno a tutti,
sto comprando un amplificatore L&G L-2600. Qualcuno potrebbe aiutarmi a trovare il manuale di servizio?
essendo molto vintage non so se funziona bene e vorrei cambiare i condensatori. grazie a chiunque possa aiutarmi.
 
iu
 
Buongiorno theophile,
è proprio quello in figura postato da te anche se il mio non ha manopole arancio ma piccoli quadrati color silver.
Per caso sai dove posso trovare il service manual?
grazie
 
Back
Top Bottom