• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman owners can you share pics of your luxman equipment?

A mixed bag of Luxman kit, stacked temporarily on a small table to make it easier to photograph.

A 5C20 on top, an R 1120 receiver in the middle of the sandwich, and an M-4000 on the bottom. Am trying to build up an LRS stack, but am wondering whether I will ever be able to acquire a C-1000 pre-amp to match the M-4000.

Main speakers are IMF TLS80 Mk2s; Wharfedale Evolutions are back up - but work well with the 1120.

Not sure how bad the Luxman-bug bites - but its fun so far!
 

Attachments

  • Luxman trio.jpg
    Luxman trio.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 47
A mixed bag of Luxman kit, stacked temporarily on a small table to make it easier to photograph.

A 5C20 on top, an R 1120 receiver in the middle of the sandwich, and an M-4000 on the bottom. Am trying to build up an LRS stack, but am wondering whether I will ever be able to acquire a C-1000 pre-amp to match the M-4000.

Main speakers are IMF TLS80 Mk2s; Wharfedale Evolutions are back up - but work well with the 1120.

Not sure how bad the Luxman-bug bites - but its fun so far!
Looks awesome! Would love to have those pieces.....hope you find the C-1000 soon!
 
but am wondering whether I will ever be able to acquire a C-1000 pre-amp

Sure you will they are fairly available and of course the C-1010 is very similar, lacking the touch mute feature, and will match the 4000.

Welcome to AK!

Nice start on two stacks of Lux gear and you can use it now as you have the pre and power amps instead of say two preamps. Both from the same era, only a year or so apart. Excellent gear.
 
Well - as it happens I have just found a C-1000 and felt I had to bite the $1000-bullet and order it. That was after seeing a T-530 tuner that I have always rather liked as it was around when I was first collecting hi-fi kit - so it snuck in under the radar as well!

Retail-therapy be damned - will need real therapy after buying this lot.............
 
Sadly the C-1000 was a dud. For the second time I have bought one only to be told that it had developed a fault upon being checked before dispatch. Bizarre!

If anyone has one they wish to sell off to a good home - please let me know. Either the 1000 or 1010 would be fine.

Lux 02.JPG
In the meantime I have temporarily connected the M-4000, a 5C20, and T-530. FM reception is good here - and the sound is fairly impressive. Photo attached.
 
@Woodwind im going to give you a free upgrade. The LRS preamp you have is a 5C50, 30 higher than you have been stating. Just think how much better that is. Enjoy your upgrade.

I'll keep an eye out for a C-thousand for you. That is odd having the C-1000 slip away like that.
 
Out moves the R-1120 and in slides the tuner to keep your mixed stack complete.

LRS preamp
50th Anniversary power amp
Later top notch tuner

Now you have three series to collect! Well done
 
Thank you for the upgrade - appreciated. Finger trouble late at night.

At least this stack is wired-up and working!

I think the finances preclude raising the bar and going for yet another series, though I assume the units that would match it best are the C-05/M-05 or L-525.
 
Those turntables are very underrated
Yeah, I'm really impressed with the sound. It's a bit heavier than I expected, since it looks like plastic... well, you know. But paired with a Shure M91ED it's really producing lovely music.
 
I agree. I thought too much plastic but it's got some decent weight and nice smooth operation. I do regret selling mine.
Yeah, I'm really impressed with the sound. It's a bit heavier than I expected, since it looks like plastic... well, you know. But paired with a Shure M91ED it's really producing lovely music.
 
Back
Top Bottom