• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Luxman owners can you share pics of your luxman equipment?

Luxman C-1010 Control Center
Luxman K-117 Cassette Deck
The C-1010 is one of my most prized High Fidelity components.. It’s high on my “Never Sell” list. It’s just a solid piece of gear. It’s an audiophile grade Solid State preamp with 2 high quality phono stages. One is a tad bit better than the other. It also has 2 preouts which is a very nice feature. But one of the coolest things about it is the built in speaker selector. It has a speaker level input for 2 speakers and speaker level outputs for 4 speakers. There’s A and B buttons on the front. Not a common feature for preamps but a useful one. The K-117 is really nothing special but like a lot of vintage Luxman gear it’s a good looking piece with a nice wood case. I hope to keep building my Luxman collection in the future, great stuff!
 

Attachments

  • 6B188364-6B5F-4ECF-ACDE-DD02D466D601.jpeg
    6B188364-6B5F-4ECF-ACDE-DD02D466D601.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 39
Evening All,

My Luxman Triptych. The collection has grown since I last posted anything here. I managed to find to find a C-1000 to match the M-4000 I already had.I think of these two as one of the Holy Grails of HiFi and am very pleased to have been able to find the C-1000 recently. I have also acquired some more tuners which I mix with other gear such as a Quad 44/405-2 set-up and a Revox B250S/226S stack. The middle section is of course two of the LRS components below, with a T-112 tuner above: this is not a highly rated radio - but I find it does very well and am not in a hurry to sell it given that it will only make a few pounds in the market. The left pair are a T-530 above and an R-1120 below. Both are great units and the R-1120 is such a mellow performer and a great amp in its own right. Some re-capping is going to be needed at some point as an inspection has indicated some leakage around the bases of the old components, particularly in the M-4000.

My aim is now to try and find a sensibly priced T-110, or to think about an LRS power-amp (5M21 would be best probably.) I have found some decent vintage German speakers (going for very little as people seem not to like that sound over here), and will probably hang on till I come across a bargain British speaker pair.

Then I can sit back and enjoy the music while I think of ways to explain to the boss why I have acquired so much Luxman kit. Is it a "man-thing"?

Luxman HiFi.jpg
 
Last edited:
Was that the C-1000 on the bay for 650 opening bit? I noticed it right after your bad experience with one. Thought you might want to get that one.
 
No - it was one which a friend said he might sell to me a while back. After the second C-1000 got away from me I called him. He had in the meantime decided that he had too much kit and offered me a deal on his C-1000 together with some Liesenkotter Carnegie 120 speakers, and then threw in the T-112.

There were a few in the US, but the owners said they would not post overseas. In addition, the one I got from my friend is 220v - which is a good start.

Those speakers are very interesting. A richer sound that English speakers of that period, but very nice to listen to for long periods. He had not used them for years and they took a bit of warming up. Very well made with oak cabinets. Am impressed - but I do not think they get much press over the UK or the US.
 
From the top:

Luxman L&G 3600 receiver
Luxman KX-101 suckface cassette deck
Luxman RX-102 suckface receiver
 

Attachments

  • Luxman.jpg
    Luxman.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 32
My Luxman R-1070. Pulled her out of the closet to sit in for my Pioneer SA-9100 while it is in the shop.

After some deoxit, a dusting, and some wax and feed she is singing! Almost forgot how good she sounds.

Ph6iKoQ.jpg


uBP0h0n.jpg


9aLwYLL.jpg


3AzKtrO.jpg


uBBvelt.jpg
 
0556D6EC-74DE-4F7B-9C1F-AE948EA215B7.jpeg C03932AE-621F-480D-BCAF-1636DEB8D1DD.jpeg DEFE79B6-4833-4FFB-A360-C038EFFC3447.jpeg 7498450F-FFB1-4471-846A-8E95C294AA32.jpeg FC3219CC-4C21-4046-9433-2F4E8CBA9C22.jpeg I posted these before...but recently completed restoration with new Indian Rosewood veneer over Baltic birch plywood cases....The M300 amp has new caps, iec, resistors, upgraded speaker posts and rcas.the Cl34 received the same...as well as the 4 new Gold Lion premium 12ax7, 2 NOS CBS 7318 and 2NOS Mullards
 
Back
Top Bottom