• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Luxman Receivers

bregar

New Member
Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum and to vintage audio. I am trying to decide whether I should buy a Luxman R-1030 or a R-3055 (both same price). I would love any advice as to which is a better unit.
Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK. No experience with these particular models; someone else will be along soon.
Just wanted to say it was fun looking them up because they're both beautiful.
:beerchug:
793807-luxman-r3055-stereo-receiver.jpg

1062086-vintage-luxman-r1030-stereo-receiver.jpg
 
I'd grab the 3055 more power more receiver

The 1030 was the first of this new style after the 1040, 1050, 1070 and 1120 and it filled in the bottom of that line at 30 watts. It was replaced by the R-3030. The 3045 and 3055 replaced the next two units making the 3055 the top of that line as the 1070 and 1120(now A version) remained the big units. The 3055 should be sweet.
 
Last edited:
I'd go for the higher powered one also. But sometimes I do look for high quality low powered units to match good older low wattage speakers.
 
I'd grab the 3055 more power more receiver

The 3030 was the first of this new style after the 1040, 1050, 1070 and 1120 and it filled in the bottom of that line at 30 watts. The 3045 and 3055 replaced the next two units making the 3055 the top of that line as the 1070 and 1120(now A version) remained the big units. The 3055 should be sweet.
 
Another vote for the R-3055. The Acculock tuner feature is useful. And the extra power means more speakers can be played.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom