• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MA12000: New Hybrid Integrated

I think I smell an all SS integrated coming that's the same as this one, sans the tubes....MA11000.

The MA9000 is pretty much the solid state version of this amp. The MA12000 has 50 more watts and the DA2 module otherwise they have identical connectivity and features.
 
"...otherwise they have identical connectivity and features." Not quite.

The MA12000 has an HDMI input that the MA9000 lacks.

Larry
 
"...otherwise they have identical connectivity and features." Not quite.

The MA12000 has an HDMI input that the MA9000 lacks.

Larry

I mentioned that. The DA2 is what adds the HDMI. You can add the DA2 module to the MA9000 for an extra $1000 then they really are the same.
 
View attachment 2004072


So how much room for ventilation? I'm using black hockey pucks now for an extra inch or so clearance above my MAC7200 for the MR88 tuner.

The MAC7200 replaced an MA5200 so needed the tuner then; now the FMHD function gives me programming not otherwise available with the receiver.
I have that same silver led flashlight parked on my stack! LOL!
 
You save a $1000 by buying the 12000 versus a C-2700 and a MC 312. 50 watts is nothing compared to 300 watts. Around 1 db. Give me a Previous C=22 and a MC 452. Or how about a Pre-owned MA 9000. No tubes to replace. Just change the DA module??? Onwards and upwards. !0 years from now thwy will all be obsolete. Me, too.
 
Boy my MA-7000 is starting to age, I’m 5000 below this new baby (MA12000 - MA7000) ;)

I prefer your MA-7000. I prefer the faceplate-mounted Source and mono switches to the push/scroll knob that now seems ubiquitous across McIntosh's line up.

When you say it's starting to age, what do you mean?
 
I prefer your MA-7000. I prefer the faceplate-mounted Source and mono switches to the push/scroll knob that now seems ubiquitous across McIntosh's line up.

When you say it's starting to age, what do you mean?
Thank you me too, when I say it’s staring to show it’s age, i mean, 7000,8000, 9000 now 12000 so it’s a few generations older but I love it because it’s fully analog.
M
 
Thank you me too, when I say it’s staring to show it’s age, i mean, 7000,8000, 9000 now 12000 so it’s a few generations older but I love it because it’s fully analog.
M

Haha... Got it. Seriously, though... There's much to like about your MA7000. For example, consider yourself lucky to NOT have a digital display. ..It's one less thing to go wrong. ..My MA6600's display began dimming after just a few years. ..It cost $400 and nearly 4 mos. to get it replaced. Though it was out of warranty, McIntosh agreed to pay for the part. Which was greatly appreciated. ...Still, it should never have failed. ..I have 40 year old digital clock radios and calculators that have digital displays that are as bright as when they were new. ..There is an upside, however, to these new processor equipped Macs (such as my MA6600 and the MA12000).. ..Which is, it's easy to volume match all your inputs. Anyway... Enjoy your 7000, It's a beautiful piece.
 
Back
Top Bottom