• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mac Photos - CES 2008 (Private D&M Showcase: Mandalay Bay)

Nice :)

Thank you...

That MA6600 is kinda 'new' (it even has a internet (or is it an USB) plug on the back :naughty: )

Thanks for sharing :thmbsp:

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
 
nice glass shelf racks they use there...

and no turntable in sight?

EDIT: Okay, found it on the other thread..
 
Thanks for the pics Stereopal. :thmbsp: I'm thinking of a system "makeover this year. Let's see...

DPS Ayre TT
|
|
V
MCD--->MDA---->C500----->MC2301------>SF Elipsa
^
|
|
MS300---

Yep, that should do it. :thmbsp:
 
Ricky,
First let me say that you have done a wonderful job with the pictures. I know what its like working without a tripod on Mac. It usually turns into a big blur or glass glare.
I understand that this year is going to be fantastic in Mac land and I really appreciate you taking the time for us while we are all working so hard at our real jobs so we might someday afford enough Mac to tilt our home off its axis.

Its difficult to find a reporter with the smarts to pinpoint the small but interestingly large details like the inputs on the new integrated and I commend you for that.

Again, thanks for taking the time to keep the AK family "In The Know" :thmbsp:
Mike
 
attachment.php


Note the inputs on the back panel of the MA6600.

"The new 2x200-watt MA6600 integrated amp and a planned AP-1000 surround processor are the first devices to accept the brand's first HD Radio tuner module, the TM2, due in February or March at an unannounced price.

The 6600 is due February at a price expected to be more than $5,000"


source : http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2008/01/07/3198142.htm

...looks like it has autoformers too, now where can I setup a second compact system :scratch2:
 
I just got back from CES
Here is what I found out from Ron C
There was a new MCD 301 identical to 201 but different transport and thinner cd tray MSRP $5000 (it was dead quite no transport noise)
And 300W monoblock tube amp its first fully balanced design
It uses eight KT88s and MSRP will be anywhere between $12000 to $18000
I have some pictures I want to share but I don't know how to do it
let me know if someone could walk me through
 
I just got back from CES. Here is what I found out from Ron C ... 300W monoblock tube amp its first fully balanced design. It uses eight KT88s and MSRP will be anywhere between $12000 to $18000.
1) I haven't priced new McIntosh amps so forgive me for not having a clue -- is that per unit or for the pair?
2) Besides the KT88s, which tubes and how many per unit will it incorporate (12ax7, 12au7, etc.)?
 
Back
Top Bottom